Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you like the story of FFV?

Default Did you like the story of FFV?

I kinda did. I liked the fact it returned to the roots of FF with the Warriors of Light concept, that and it was pretty damn funny. What did you think?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I liked what little of it I saw. It was my introduction to the Four Warriors of Light concept since I wouldn't play the original Final Fantasy until later.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

story is cool funny and sad. as some people know it is my 2nd favourite FF game so yeah

^^It's on the list of my favorites beside its younger brother FFVI.

It may not have as many twists and intricate sub-plots as its predecessor and successor, but FF V keeps its focus pretty well. I like the fact that the villain of the game turns out to be... the villain of the game! Shock! It's simple and straight forward, but sometimes that's all you need. That, and a good cast of characters.

The real reason why ExDeath was such a villain was because his mother Cloud of Darkness never hugged him as a child. So the true way to defeat ExDeath is to give him a hug.

FFV's story is kind of tepid. It never really gets all that immersive, and there isn't a lot of emotional content. It's one step above a serialized Saturday morning cartoon in quality.

Still, the plot curve is stable and the music is near the pinnacle of the series...so the answer to the OP is "sure, why not."

^^At least it wasn't FFIII's story. There was honestly no character development there. Liked FFIII, just not the characters. They honestly had no life to them.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I like FFV's story. While I agree with others that it's the weakest of the SNES era, I still feel it gets the job done and I still have a serious crush on Faris.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like it a lot. Back when I played it as a kid, I found it really gripping, since most of that stuff was new to me, and was probably one of the first stories I really got to get immersed in. And then the GBA version's translation made it even better.

...there was a story?

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    ...there was a story?
    yeah the story was: Galuf goes on an adventure and beats the tree dude. but thats just the basic. Galuf.

I was pretty sure the story was: Four warriors get roped into a quest AND GET SUPER SWEET JOBS FROM CRYSTALS also there's a bad guy they fight or something

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
    ^^At least it wasn't FFIII's story. There was honestly no character development there. Liked FFIII, just not the characters. They honestly had no life to them.
    The real point is that it isn't FFIV's story. The stories had gotten steadily more serious and complex with every installment, and FFV took a step back from FFIV's bigger cast and hefty themes. FFVI, afterward, would resume the trend of more serious and more complex stories.

This makes FFV stick out a bit.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

lol metagloria i was joking. i was making the point that the game is epic and Galuf is in it