Thread: Aes Sedai stole my girlfriend

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default Aes Sedai stole my girlfriend

I can't remember ever seeing a thread here about The Wheel of Time series. I like it. Has anyone else read them? I picked up the first one back in 1999 for an English project and was happy with the my choice, catching up and reading each new book as they came out over the years, until the last one about two years ago. It was a sad thing to see it done and finished with afterwards when it was something that had been a part of my life for so long.

My favorite character would be Mat. It takes some time for his story to get interesting, in the third book by my opinion, but once it does the others just don't compare. Aviendha would be my second favorite and I like her story from the moment it's introduced.

I recent started to reread the series for a second time and just finished the seventh book, so halfway through! I remember as they came out thinking that Robert Jordon lost something along the way and the stories became less and less interesting, until it was saved by a fresh new author in the last three, but so far I haven't hit that point again yet. Maybe it's yet to come, or maybe it was caused by having to wait between reading each new release.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't read it yet. I've been meaning to for years. I have the first three of the series.

Maybe someday.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I know the conclusion is supposed to be well written, but I specifically never picked up this series because once I saw how many books there were I knew Jordan was going to pass away before he ever finished it. I mean he died young, and from illness, but something just told me back in '95 or '96 or whenever that he wasn't going to make it to the end of the series.

That's also why I've cashed out of the Game of Thrones series until Martin finally finishes. If that old man "Wheel of Times" me I'm gonna......do.....something. I dunno, he'll already be dead.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Brandon Sanderson did an amazing job finishing them. I enjoy his three in the series more than I liked reading his own series.