Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Zelda question

I don't think this goes in RPG, but feel free to move it if it does, sorry

So I'm planning to play the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Which would you say is better? What order should I play them in? Are either of them bad and I should just ignore it?

I've never played either of these (yet), but I hear more people rave about WW than TP. Especially the Wii U remake.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Twilight Princess by far

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really enjoyed Twilight Princess and it's the only one of the two I've played. Wind Waker has grown to be a huge fan favorite, I feel it fits your taste better than TP which is sort of the "darker and edgier" Zelda made in response to fans whining about WW being too colorful and cartoony.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey I liked that dark game that one time

It should be worth noting that I've seen a lot of Zelda fans compare MM and TP, and I absolutely adored MM. Who knows though. Sharky is a big fan of WW

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I personally like Twilight Princess better. I actually think it's my favorite Zelda game. It's Ocarina of time, but actually much better Wind Waker is pretty awesome too.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Hey I liked that dark game that one time

It should be worth noting that I've seen a lot of Zelda fans compare MM and TP, and I absolutely adored MM. Who knows though. Sharky is a big fan of WW
    Yeah but MM is dark in a playful way. Not that TP is super serious but it certainly makes you feel like Hyrule is going to hell in a hand basket and plays up more of the dark brooding nature than previous installments. With that said, Midna is the best companion Link ever had. She absolutely makes the game for me. Also one dungeon involves making soup.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

i played TP not WW but TP is my 2nd favourite zelda game. its pretty good the wii controls arent bad ( i played on wii) and the music is cool too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So what are the difficulty levels on both games?

Also every time I hear Wind Waker, DreamWeaver starts playing in my head. Don't know why, but it is pretty amusing

This is actually a fairly tough choice for me. I really like both games, but they're different enough that I don't really have one I prefer over the other. I think Wind Waker probably has more to do if you explore every island, but some of those islands are so boring and repetitious that I can't really recommend that as a point in favor of the game. Twilight Princess's exploration based goodies, while not as expansive, are a lot more varied and interesting. I really like the wolf segments of Twilight Princess, and the variety that they brought to the game, shifting to a puzzle focus even in the overworld.

I wind up going back to Wind Waker more often, but that's probably just because it has an awesome Wii U version installed on my system's hard drive. Play whichever game you're in the mood for.

If you want a Zelda game with a darker tone, go with Twilight Princess. If you want one that is just about joy and adventure, choose Wind Waker.

But play Link Between Worlds first. Because it's better than both.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hmm... I think WW is a bit harder, but I can't be positive. It has a bit more of a frustrating element with the Triforce charts by endgame. In general, once the initial "wow" factor of exploring the sea faded, traversing the sea was pretty mundane.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Hmm... I think WW is a bit harder, but I can't be positive. It has a bit more of a frustrating element with the Triforce charts by endgame. In general, once the initial "wow" factor of exploring the sea faded, traversing the sea was pretty mundane.
    The Wii U version does streamline that frustration (and is definitely the version you should play, it's just BETTER than the original).

I do think that Wind Waker handled combat better. The fights were more enjoyable, and controlled a bit better, probably because everything was over the top and cartoony.

That's why I tried to specify that it isn't a bad game, just not a game for Pumpkin. Pumpkin likes bright worlds and simple gameplay and anime character designs

Basically Pumpkin is the opposite of everyone
    This makes me say Wind Waker.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanky guys. I dun have a Wii U, only the Gamecube version. I was thinking of that one first just because it's already hooked up and the Wii is in the bedroom

I asked about difficulty because Disgaea was kicking my butt and I don't want something frustratingly difficult again right after it

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's good then. I didn't think they would be but you never know...