Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Xenoblade Chronicles X Trailer and Japan Release date.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    In what way does bigger jumps make the game less challenging? If the developers wanted an area to be inaccessible by jumping, they would have made the canyon (or whatever) even wider.

You can have realistic physics in an easy game, and unrealistic physics in a difficult game.
    Indeed. It's not an action game. The challenge come in the form of more difficult monsters who require proper strategy and party management. What do jumps have to do with that?
    >>> You guys have never played Dark Souls do you?.. Here is a hint: If you dont watch your steps you die every 30 seconds, if that doesnt mean more challenge I dont know what it is.
    Anyways, this is Xenoblade and not Dark Souls so I guess giving that level of difficulty is just nonsense in this case.
    But just like Dark Souls most of the fun I`ll get in this game is about exploration, so if I wanted to cross a river I`d like round it and find a passage instead of giving a 15 meter jump. I think they have mechs for that..
    This is just what I said - Dark Souls is an Action RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles X is not. You can't expect two games in two different genres to be challenging in the same way.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

I've played Dark Souls. The difficulty doesn't come from the game's "realistic physics". Whether physics are realistic or not does not directly influence a game's level of difficulty.
    >>> Thats BS man, and you know it..

As I said, games with completely crazy and insane physics can still be harder than games with realistic physics.
    >>> You are right about this..
    It's not BS, and I know it.
    >>> Just two questions.
    How many time did you play Dark Souls? did you beat the game?
    If you did then I guess you never died from.. falling off a cliff or something..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

It takes more than dying from falling down a cliff to put a game in the "realistic physics" category. Even mario lets you die from falling down.

Actually, it is fully possible to die from falling down from cliffs in Xenoblade Chronicles as well. So I guess that means Xenoblade has realistic physics.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Eneby Kurs (Sargatanas)

as a dark souls player who has beaten both games multiple times including ng+, i can confirm that the difficulty does not come from realistic physics and in fact comes from many of the enemies having the same tools the player has and relatively intelligent ai

when you say "realistic physics" i assume you mean its awkward platforming and the inability of the player character to climb anything higher than 6 inches, and if so, i assure you that is all incidental
    a brother never lived to hear me diss him on no record...
    extralives - counterfeit self

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Not to mention the art style alone is unrealistic. They have big anime eyes. I don't think their intent was ever realism. At least outside of the fact that their space ship has THE UNITED STATES emblazoned on it lol Which kind of throws off my suspension of disbelief, but whatever. I'll just pretend its not there when I play the game lol
    What makes it unbelievable? it's been established from the getgo that the cast is American.
    I must have missed that memo. I know the basic structure of the plot, traveling space, getting attacked, landing on a random planet, and having to survive. I hadn't even heard they were from Earth, let alone America. I presumed it was going to be some fictional thing. I thought it was going to be a prequel or a far-off sequel to Xenoblade itself. And I never got any impression they were from Earth. Just sorta came out of left field for me. But with games like this, I don't subject myself to a whole lot of pre-release information. I'm a fan who's anxiously awaiting its release, but I don't want to torture myself by going over things that interest me when the final product is months or years away (I tend to do this with most games that I want, these days). My exposure to information is pretty random I guess. Then again, I probably just missed something or forgot something in the early trailers

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

This is just what I said - Dark Souls is an Action RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles X is not. You can't expect two games in two different genres to be challenging in the same way.
    >>> But both are RPGs, or have RPG elements. And these days I expect more from an RPG than just the classic kill-monsters grinding. (well Disgaea games are probably the only exception)..

It takes more than dying from falling down a cliff to put a game in the "realistic physics" category. Even mario lets you die from falling down.
    >>> But definitely put them on the "difficult game" category..

And yeah you can die from falling off a cliff in Xenoblade but it rarely happened unless I wanted to do it in purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibril View Post
    as a dark souls player who has beaten both games multiple times including ng+, i can confirm that the difficulty does not come from realistic physics and in fact comes from many of the enemies having the same tools the player has and relatively intelligent ai
    >>> Two different players with two different skills it seems.
    I beat DS multiple times too i can confirm that I had more trouble with falling from high places than being beaten by monsters, deal with the monsters it was just timing for me, and I never had a problem with that.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

>>> But both are RPGs, or have RPG elements. And these days I expect more from an RPG than just the classic kill-monsters grinding. (well Disgaea games are probably the only exception)..
    Well, expecting a game to fulfill your own personal criteria even though it never aimed to meet them in the first place is kind of unfair. IMO, it'd be boring if all we had were action RPGs. And my point stands - Xenoblade Chronicles X may still be challenging, even if that challenge does not stem from platforming.

Not to mention the art style alone is unrealistic. They have big anime eyes. I don't think their intent was ever realism. At least outside of the fact that their space ship has THE UNITED STATES emblazoned on it lol Which kind of throws off my suspension of disbelief, but whatever. I'll just pretend its not there when I play the game lol
    What makes it unbelievable? it's been established from the getgo that the cast is American.
    I must have missed that memo. I know the basic structure of the plot, traveling space, getting attacked, landing on a random planet, and having to survive. I hadn't even heard they were from Earth, let alone America. I presumed it was going to be some fictional thing. I thought it was going to be a prequel or a far-off sequel to Xenoblade itself. And I never got any impression they were from Earth. Just sorta came out of left field for me. But with games like this, I don't subject myself to a whole lot of pre-release information. I'm a fan who's anxiously awaiting its release, but I don't want to torture myself by going over things that interest me when the final product is months or years away (I tend to do this with most games that I want, these days). My exposure to information is pretty random I guess. Then again, I probably just missed something or forgot something in the early trailers
    So you're not aware that your city/ship is called Neo Los Angeles?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

so is it a seed ship or whatever
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Well, expecting a game to fulfill your own personal criteria even though it never aimed to meet them in the first place is kind of unfair. IMO, it'd be boring if all we had were action RPGs. And my point stands - Xenoblade Chronicles X may still be challenging, even if that challenge does not stem from platforming.

So you're not aware that your city/ship is called Neo Los Angeles?
    Totally unaware. What the heck lol Oh well. That one I can laugh at. It's not going to ruin the game for me or anything. Just really surprising now. But I'll get used to it. I wonder why they chose American. Most of those future sci-fi anime things are either Japanese (of course) or they created some fictional civilized unity federation on earth and it just becomes "earth" without nations. Just more things for me to learn along the way I guess

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's assumed they were other Seed Ships from other countries, the American one just happened to crash on an alien world, but I wouldn't be surprised if other nation ships play a part in the plot. Technically I bet the Earth does have a Federation of some sorts (thus the cast will probably be of mixed background) and we're just following the misadventures of the Neo Los Angeles ship which probably has people from all over Earth on it. It will be interesting to see how the story pans out.