Thread: FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #103

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #103

It's FanArt Friday! Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week we had a double whammy because there was just too much to let slip by, and this week we'll see a new set of artists get a chance to show off their skills. But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

Zirekile Falls by Skence

Let's kick things off with a gorgeous masterpiece that really captures the essence of Final Fantasy Tactics. The shading and colours, the stance, the beautiful waterfall, even the bridge is done just right. Skence is offering brownie points to anyone who can recognise Delita's sword... can you!? If that's not enough, Skence has been generous to us lately - go check out this equally brilliant artwork of Eiko and her Moogles!

Barret Wallace - FF7 Brainstorm Challenge by freakyfir

Recently we've seen reimaginings of Cloud and Midgar, and this time the FFVII redesign treatment goes to Barret Wallace, and I love it! I get all kinds of ideas of what inspired Singapore artist freakyfir to come up with this one - for me, it has touches of Ghostbusters, Dragonball Z and even Team Fortress 2 for some reason which is weird because I've never even played that game... either way, this look is excellent and I applaud Muhammad for his efforts, I'd love to see more like this!

Sephiroth - Destroyer by Midorisa

Midoris is no stranger to EoFF's Showcase of the Week - you may recognise the general style and shape of this excellent Sephiroth artwork. It was actually back in October when her Kuja piece rocked our world. Clearly the fantastic Fin hasn't lost her touch! The crazed look in Sephiroth's eyes, Jenova by his side, and oh man that incredible detail. Not often we get ink pen works on the showcase, amazing!

Commission - Anthro Chocobo by FuriarossaAndMimma

And now for something completely different! I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this before, but as a massive chocobo fan I couldn't help but share it - it's so well done! Everthing from beak to claw has been expertly imagined and put to digital image magic by Furiarossa to create an anthropomorphic chocobo! Or, as I call him, Chocoboman. Clearly this mild-mannered hero was innocently working in a mist lab one day when to his shock, a magical chocobo bit him and so Chocoboman was born. The future hero of FFXVI? Undoubtedly.

Final Fantasy XIV Fan art #4~ by AlNiCo-ism

That leads us to the final artwork of this week's showcase, and it was very hard to pick as AlNiCo has been very hard at work. Just check out these other awesome images! The colouring on every image is breathtakingly beautiful. It's almost as if they were inspired by an incredible sunset. The style is just incredible. I bow to you, H, these are simply amazing, I'm running out of words!

Tifa Lockhart - Heroine of the Planet by CrystalMoonlight1 (cosplay) and Zack Wheat (photography)

This show isn't over yet, folks, it's time for Cosplay of the Week! This week we're getting a treat as the beautiful cosplay artist Crystal portrays my favourite character, Tifa Lockhart. It's a combination of Crystal's superb costume, piercing eyes and an expertly taken photo by her personal friend Zack (not Zack Fair, we're informed) that caught my attention this week. If you like this pic, there are more, so go check out her Facebook page for Rinoa, Garnet, Serah and even FFXV's Stella!

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Love the Tifa cosplay.

OMG that Barret picture is so cool.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FanArt New Years Eve? You might need to revise that opening, BoB. A lot of interesting artworks here, but the first two really grabbed me the most. Especially that re-imagined Barret! Great stuff overall.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

xD That's what I get for copy pasta-ing the opening bit.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

All of these are bad as smurf, well the chocobo one is just weird though.

Blog Entries

All of these are awesome.

Blog Entries

I can totally imagine Barret as a epic Heavy for TF2! Awesome fanart works!

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The sword Delita is holding is Save The Queen!

Barret, Sephiroth and that FFT piece, love Delita and Ovelia`s expression...uuffff !!! So awesome!