Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Rin's drawings :3

  1. #1

    Default Rin's drawings :3

    Hi everyone I kept telling myself to upload some of my stuff here but I kept putting it off because I don't have a working scanner....aaand I still don't have one xD But I do have photos of my old stuff so I decided to share some here! These are mainly sketches and copic marker stuff, I know it's a bunch of trout compared to other artists here but maybe I can get some good pointers from you guys!

    carbuncle by rin.jpg Rin by Lyn.jpg BD.jpg

    I chose some FF and BD ones because of relevancy but these are dated a few years back, so these are kinda old, I'll upload more recent ones soon

  2. #2
    card mod ur face Rocket Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    On the Emerald Isle
    Posts
    6,382
    Articles
    1

    FFXIV Character

    Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

    Default

    I love them. I especially like the Carbuncle - you really nailed the stance and it makes it jump out of the page even without colour. I'd take some time to colour it in as in the last pic you did a cool job introducing tones. I like the Rinoa one too, particularly the face, but there is some proportion issues. The actual length of the body doesn't seem wrong, just some of the limbs. I'm sure you can see some things that might be off but maybe didn't bother to change it. I'd advise doing a quick sketch out of your head of a face, and keep drawing and rubbing out the body until you feel it fits properly. You'll be surprised how much you'll learn about proportion.

    Really nice work, keep it up!

  3. #3

    Default

    That's an awesome monster on a throne! I like it's 6 legs. Very well done and I hope you keep drawing more stuff!

  4. #4
    Pinkasaurus Rex Cid's Knight Pumpkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Falling on your head
    Posts
    16,868
    Articles
    119
    Blog Entries
    132

    FFXIV Character

    Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Wow, looks awesome

  5. #5
    Defamation Depression Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Armstrong-Parker
    Posts
    5,790
    Articles
    45
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

    Default

    I think you show potential. The style of the creature at the bottom reminds me of something, but I can't think of what. How old is this stuff?

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    I love them. I especially like the Carbuncle - you really nailed the stance and it makes it jump out of the page even without colour. I'd take some time to colour it in as in the last pic you did a cool job introducing tones. I like the Rinoa one too, particularly the face, but there is some proportion issues. The actual length of the body doesn't seem wrong, just some of the limbs. I'm sure you can see some things that might be off but maybe didn't bother to change it. I'd advise doing a quick sketch out of your head of a face, and keep drawing and rubbing out the body until you feel it fits properly. You'll be surprised how much you'll learn about proportion.

    Really nice work, keep it up!
    Thank you so much! Yes I know exactly what you mean haha, the proportion of the arms is off but I'm so lazy I'm more likely to redraw the whole thing since it's been a few years xD Thanks for the advice! I'm definitely going to keep that in mind when I draw something next!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    That's an awesome monster on a throne! I like it's 6 legs. Very well done and I hope you keep drawing more stuff!
    Thankyou!! It's a boss from bravely default although I've forgotten it's name, I thought it was cute in a weird way and had to draw it xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Wow, looks awesome
    Thankyou!! n_____n

    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I think you show potential. The style of the creature at the bottom reminds me of something, but I can't think of what. How old is this stuff?
    Thankyou The creature is a boss from Bravely default, the carbuncle and Rinoa are a few years old (3 or 4 years?) and the creature is around 2ish years old. I'll try and upload some more recent stuff when I have access to a scanner =]

    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Those look really great! That is some pretty impressive coloring
    Thankyou so much ^^

  8. #8

    Default

    Here's some slightly more recent stuff =]

    severa_by_lyn11.jpg ninetails.jpg

  9. #9
    Shorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    23,714
    Articles
    11
    Blog Entries
    36
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    omg what the heck is that big black creature in the first post? I love it!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    omg what the heck is that big black creature in the first post? I love it!
    Thankyou n___n He's a boss from Bravely Default, If I remember correctly...I think it's name is Belphegor

  11. #11
    Resident Critic Ayen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    13,160
    Articles
    12
    Blog Entries
    76

    Default

    Looks great. I'm digging that Ninetails.

  12. #12
    Ta-Ra-Raspooteen Cid's Knight Night Fury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,497
    Articles
    156
    Blog Entries
    28

    FFXIV Character

    Liara Lavender (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

    Default

    Great drawings Rin!


  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Looks great. I'm digging that Ninetails.
    Yay! Thank-you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lockharted View Post
    Great drawings Rin!
    Thank-you n____n

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •