Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect Trilogy

Default Mass Effect Trilogy

I just beat the Trilogy for the first time over the passed few weeks. If you'd be interested in reading my thoughts as I go along, I can post a thread where I reported my thoughts.
    http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...e-here.322240/

If not, here are my thoughts in brief:

2 was by far the best game.
    Best squadmates were Wrex, Garrus, Miranda, Jack, Mordin, Thane, Legion
    Favorite NPCS are: Anderson, Aria, Illusive Man
    The first game was the worst.
    3's lack of dialogue options and forcing a personality on Shepard really put me off at first but it does get dialed back some later on.
    My favorite races were Krogan, Asari, Volus and Reapers.
    Harbinger's lack of importance in 3 was another reason teh game was very disappointing. I expected him to be the end boss of 2 and when that didn't happen I expected him to be a boss in 3. Yeah....bummed that didn't happen.

If you're interested in a brief summary of my Shepard, I played Femshep because I love Jennifer Hale. I played her as a loyal soldier through-and-through. First she was loyal to the Council because she was a Spectre.She ddi everything for the greater good. Then the Council turned their backs on her and so she devoted herself instead to Cerberus who, in addition to RESURRECTING HER, also were the only ones trying to stop the Reapers.

...and then they betrayed her too. So by ME3 my Shepard was very disillusioned and just fed up with everything. I had always played a mostly Renegade Shep but by 3 she was definitely evil.

If you want a list of my major choices or the ones I really remember....

ME1:
    Saved the Council
    Killed the Batarian terrorist at the expense of his hostages
    Saved the Rachni Queen
    Talked Wrex down

ME2:
    Gave Collector Base to Cerberus
    Left David in Project Overlord
    Had Jack kill the other Praggia survivor
    Let Mordin kill Maelon but saved Maelon's research
    Exposed Tali's father's crimes. Tali subsequently died on the Suicide Mission. Boohoo.
    Let Garrus kill Sidonis

ME3:
    Got Refusal Ending
    Left Rachni Queen to die
    Went ahead with curing genophage
    Sided with geth
    Executed Samara's last daughter

My Shepard is Loyal - that is her defining characteristic. I couldn't play full Renegade because she wasn't ambitious or a needless jerk. Of the many things you can say about my Shep, she was never hungry for power. She will serve and protect and that is all. That might make her Lawful Evil because she commits herself wholly to a cause/person, even if that cause/person is morally questionable. She left those workers to die in Zaeed's mission because he said there was no time to save them. She let Jack kill that other guy because it seemed to be what Jack wanted to do. Basically, as someoene lse put it, she's the type that, when a friend shows up with a corpse, would say "I'll help you hide the body" as opposed to "WTF????"

That's why I felt Refuse made the most sense for her. She wasn't about to determine the fate of the galaxy. She's just a soldier, nothing more.

It's also why she cured the genophage, in spite of the salarian temptation. She had promised to help the krogan and turians and Wrex and Mordin and to go back on her word, no matter how much she had fallen, was beyond her.

Overall, it was a lot of fun and I liked it. My chief complaint is Femshep had very little in the way of interesting romance options. I romanced Liara but I'd much ratehr have romanced Jack. Jack IS bisexual game! Way to contradict yourself by not letting me be with her. Asses. Apparently only a penis can cure her trauma.

And of course the best romance option for Femshep in 2, Morinth, will KILL ME if I am with her. Bleh.

EDIT:

Whoops, this should go in the RPG forum. My bad.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Stopped reading when you didn't include Tali in with best squad members.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Stopped reading when you didn't hail the Mako as the greatest vehicle in a video game ever.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah your lack of Tali is just pure ridiculousness. The only squad members who died in my game were Mordin (because he is a redeamed genocidist if that's even a word), that old lizard dude with the awesome voice who died of lung cancer or something, and the evil relative of Samara. I totally let Jack kill that guy too. smurf that guy but pretty much everything else I did was paragon. My love interest was originally Kaiden but I quickly shifted that that to Liara when I realized she was far less boring and had a deeper connection (obsession) with Shepard.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The gameplay of the first one was the worst (it was the first) but the story of the first was probably the best! Calling it the worst? pft. As for femshep relationships, you didn't like the garrus option? Or the Thane one? or well a lot don't like kaidan but I like him... But you say you didn't like the romance options but only list the other female option.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Jack was bi?

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    The gameplay of the first one was the worst (it was the first) but the story of the first was probably the best! Calling it the worst? pft.
    100% this. I can sympathize with not liking 1 since I was pretty hard on it during my review and I'm a fan. It's going to be a massacre by the time I get to 3. Speaking of 3, I need to finish that game some time.

I hooked up with Liara my first playthrough and stayed loyal to her through and through, but smurf it second time around I'm banging Garrus.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

The first game had the best gameplay. The rest of them fell down a hole of COVERBASED SHOOTAN' and that's boring.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    The first game had the best gameplay. The rest of them fell down a hole of COVERBASED SHOOTAN' and that's boring.
    You're boring.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Literally every third person shooter* that came out in the last generation was a cover based shooter. Forgive me for enjoying the ability to run'n'gun at least a little bit in the first ME.

*Note: May be exaggerating for effect

Articles
    Blog Entries

No. Enemies forever.
    jk I <3 u

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Jack was bi?
    One of the first things she talks to you about is how she was "with' a couple, as in both a man and a woman.

She was also gangraped by the male crew of a ship that "rescued' her.

Honestly, Femshep and Jack be a lot less uncomfortable.

Garrus is a great bro but he isn't my type in terms of romance.

And Thane was a nice choice but I didn't realize he was a romance option until it was too late. Also he was dying so....that kinda put a damper on things.

Also Harbinger was amazing, a big reason why 2 is the best and 3 is disappointing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's been forever since I played 2 so I didn't remember any of that. I agree it's stupid she's only a romance option for Male Shep, and that Fem Shep has a lot less options than Male Shep in general.

Best Character.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Literally every third person shooter* that came out in the last generation was a cover based shooter. Forgive me for enjoying the ability to run'n'gun at least a little bit in the first ME.

*Note: May be exaggerating for effect
    That's why you play as something with Biotics. Vanguard in Mass Effect 3 is the most hilarious and fun thing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I was lazy when creating my initial Shep, so he was pretty much default everything. Just mashed A until I got to the game.

Maybe doing other things would have been more fun. Not that I didn't have fun! I just found that the shootan' bits became a bit lamer.