I just beat the Trilogy for the first time over the passed few weeks. If you'd be interested in reading my thoughts as I go along, I can post a thread where I reported my thoughts.
http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...e-here.322240/

If not, here are my thoughts in brief:

2 was by far the best game.
Best squadmates were Wrex, Garrus, Miranda, Jack, Mordin, Thane, Legion
Favorite NPCS are: Anderson, Aria, Illusive Man
The first game was the worst.
3's lack of dialogue options and forcing a personality on Shepard really put me off at first but it does get dialed back some later on.
My favorite races were Krogan, Asari, Volus and Reapers.
Harbinger's lack of importance in 3 was another reason teh game was very disappointing. I expected him to be the end boss of 2 and when that didn't happen I expected him to be a boss in 3. Yeah....bummed that didn't happen.

If you're interested in a brief summary of my Shepard, I played Femshep because I love Jennifer Hale. I played her as a loyal soldier through-and-through. First she was loyal to the Council because she was a Spectre.She ddi everything for the greater good. Then the Council turned their backs on her and so she devoted herself instead to Cerberus who, in addition to RESURRECTING HER, also were the only ones trying to stop the Reapers.

...and then they betrayed her too. So by ME3 my Shepard was very disillusioned and just fed up with everything. I had always played a mostly Renegade Shep but by 3 she was definitely evil.

If you want a list of my major choices or the ones I really remember....

ME1:
Saved the Council
Killed the Batarian terrorist at the expense of his hostages
Saved the Rachni Queen
Talked Wrex down

ME2:
Gave Collector Base to Cerberus
Left David in Project Overlord
Had Jack kill the other Praggia survivor
Let Mordin kill Maelon but saved Maelon's research
Exposed Tali's father's crimes. Tali subsequently died on the Suicide Mission. Boohoo.
Let Garrus kill Sidonis

ME3:
Got Refusal Ending
Left Rachni Queen to die
Went ahead with curing genophage
Sided with geth
Executed Samara's last daughter

My Shepard is Loyal - that is her defining characteristic. I couldn't play full Renegade because she wasn't ambitious or a needless jerk. Of the many things you can say about my Shep, she was never hungry for power. She will serve and protect and that is all. That might make her Lawful Evil because she commits herself wholly to a cause/person, even if that cause/person is morally questionable. She left those workers to die in Zaeed's mission because he said there was no time to save them. She let Jack kill that other guy because it seemed to be what Jack wanted to do. Basically, as someoene lse put it, she's the type that, when a friend shows up with a corpse, would say "I'll help you hide the body" as opposed to "WTF????"

That's why I felt Refuse made the most sense for her. She wasn't about to determine the fate of the galaxy. She's just a soldier, nothing more.

It's also why she cured the genophage, in spite of the salarian temptation. She had promised to help the krogan and turians and Wrex and Mordin and to go back on her word, no matter how much she had fallen, was beyond her.

Overall, it was a lot of fun and I liked it. My chief complaint is Femshep had very little in the way of interesting romance options. I romanced Liara but I'd much ratehr have romanced Jack. Jack IS bisexual game! Way to contradict yourself by not letting me be with her. Asses. Apparently only a penis can cure her trauma.

And of course the best romance option for Femshep in 2, Morinth, will KILL ME if I am with her. Bleh.

EDIT:

Whoops, this should go in the RPG forum. My bad.