Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Celebrities who everyone seems to love, but you secretly can't stand?

Blog Entries

Taylor has always been a catty bitch in a good chunk of her songs. Like the one supposedly about Camilla Belle (who I think is gorgeous). But like I said, I've come around to her just a tad bit.

I love Shia. I have ever since Even Stevens.

Almost every country music artist. Barely any of them know good lyrical composition. They frequently throw off their own melody by forcing words that don't work very well. They almost all have trouble doing rhymes or being imaginatively descriptive in their lyrics. It's sad when rap and rnb artists who focus on nothing but drugs money and butches can compose a more compelling lyrical style and flow. Country music artists think they have to hit everything on the nose without even trying. And everyone loves them for it. Probably because everyone can come up with the same lyrics without even trying. My brother died so now I drive his truck around! Genius...

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by MissH View Post
    Angelina Jolie.

Yes she adopts a load of kids and saved them from dire straits and whatever, but I will never EVER forgive her for what she did she Jen Aniston. Never!
    Psh people are so willing to jump on Angelina Jolie but not Brad Pitt for being a piece of trout cheater who also contributed to the affair. Screw them both and also Jen Aniston because I'm tired of hearing about her relationship woes. I am also pretty sure Brad Pitt has been an affair before with Robin Givens when she was married to Mike Tyson. As far as I'm concerned the two home wreckers are made for each other.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I hate Anne Hathaway. She is so fake and such a diva.

Scarlett Johansson I don't mind, but I don't see why lads go mad over her. I don't find her attractive.

Jay Baruchel. His voice goes through my head.

Beyoncé. Why does she talk with a put on deep accent? Oh and the whole 'I am an angel but go out with a rapper, how cool am I?'. That song she put out 'Soldier' or whatever it was called was hilarious. Yeah that's probably wrong but it still irks me.

I agree really with many of you. Adam Levine is a plank so is so up his own ass it's embarrassing.

I dislike any person who is fake. Example: Cheryl Cole.

The top award however goes to Kim Kardashian. Words cannot describe how much I loathe her.

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

Everyone hates Kim though.

Like it's not a secret.

She's dull and vain and boring.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Miyavi and homewrecker Jolie

Some things never change.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

THAT DRESS OH GODS

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Also, James Franco. The more I look at his stupid face, the more I just can't take him seriously. He looks like he's always high and about to laugh. And he's weird and hits on underage girls on instagram.

Also also Bradley Cooper. Rocket Raccoon did him some vindication, but ever since I watched He's Just Not That Into You, I cannot get him out of my mind as a scuzzy asshole creep. And he was terrible in Silver Linings Playbook, I don't give a trout what anyone says.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Also, James Franco. The more I look at his stupid face, the more I just can't take him seriously. He looks like he's always high and about to laugh. And he's weird and hits on underage girls on instagram.

Also also Bradley Cooper. Rocket Raccoon did him some vindication, but ever since I watched He's Just Not That Into You, I cannot get him out of my mind as a scuzzy asshole creep. And he was terrible in Silver Linings Playbook, I don't give a trout what anyone says.
    What if I said it, wife? What if I said he wasn't as terrible as you think he was? Would you listen?

Seriously, he's not terrible in it. Not great, either, but come on, he's kind of better at the acting than you'd think, given some of his early choices and work.

We're agreed on Franco, though. Dude's a wank.

I've heard one or two stories from Cooper's fans meeting him and him coming off as uninterested or full of himself. Granted it could be a coincidence that they met him on an off day. Also possible, or likely, he's a douche that just plays himself in most roles. Can't say I'm honestly that fond of him myself outside of the hangover. And even there he's a douche. It's just funny in that context. Kinda reminds me of my hatred of Katherine Heigle just from seeing her in Knocked Up and then hearing rumors that's she's just that way. Who knows how true it is. But it is interesting and mildly vindicating

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I've heard one or two stories from Cooper's fans meeting him and him coming off as uninterested or full of himself. Granted it could be a coincidence that they met him on an off day. Also possible, or likely, he's a douche that just plays himself in most roles. Can't say I'm honestly that fond of him myself outside of the hangover. And even there he's a douche. It's just funny in that context. Kinda reminds me of my hatred of Katherine Heigle just from seeing her in Knocked Up and then hearing rumors that's she's just that way. Who knows how true it is. But it is interesting and mildly vindicating
    Well celebrities mistreating their fans is a pet peeve of mine, so I'll take back my defense of Cooper. Sorry, wife. You're right. He sucks.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't hate anyone, really. If I had to pick out people that I don't care for much while others go to big degrees of love towards 'em, I'd have to agree with the following mentions...

- Lady Gaga
    - Beyoncé
    - James Franco
    - Angelina Jolie
    - Daniel Radcliffe

and will add

- Will Farrel (I think it's an American vs. British style of comedy thing, but I wouldn't mind seeing him act in a serious role similar to that seen at the end of Lego Movie)
    - Jimmy Fallon (just find him to be so forced)

All of these celebs have their moments that I do like them, though. Well, okay, maybe not Daniel Radcliffe. Maybe not Franco either. But the others. They have moments!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Well celebrities mistreating their fans is a pet peeve of mine, so I'll take back my defense of Cooper. Sorry, wife. You're right. He sucks.
    I mean, what's the context of meeting these fans, though? Is it at a public event where they know fans will be there and they'll have to be met or greeted? Or is it when they're out living their private lives or when they're working and people barge over and want to meet them?

I know all of us would like to meet our celebrity idols, but you wouldn't just randomly walk up to a stranger enjoying their meal and interrupt them for a conversation and pictures. So I think if you do that to a celebrity and they're rude to you, you kind of get what you deserve. Just because they're in the public eye doesn't mean they're not allowed to have a private life or their boundaries shouldn't be respected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

The one story I remember most was at a diner or something. Just a chance meeting. So really understandable. It's just funny to me and memorable as an anecdote because the guy immediately had a chance encounter with Nathan Fďllďon and was super impressed with how gracious and friendly he was. And it completely disenchanted this ex Cooper fan. But it's admittedly all circumstance. I wouldn't want to deal with fans while trying to eat either. But I wouldn't turn them away either

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    - Will Farrel (I think it's an American vs. British style of comedy thing, but I wouldn't mind seeing him act in a serious role similar to that seen at the end of Lego Movie)
    - Jimmy Fallon (just find him to be so forced)
    I've never understood peoples' love of Fallon either.

As for Will Farrel, have you seen Stranger Than Fiction? For one, it's a brilliant movie in its own right, and for two, it's a style break for Farrel, and he's actually really good at it. There's another, more recent, movie about him and a kid that was very different and again he played against type.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    I mean, what's the context of meeting these fans, though? Is it at a public event where they know fans will be there and they'll have to be met or greeted? Or is it when they're out living their private lives or when they're working and people barge over and want to meet them?

I know all of us would like to meet our celebrity idols, but you wouldn't just randomly walk up to a stranger enjoying their meal and interrupt them for a conversation and pictures. So I think if you do that to a celebrity and they're rude to you, you kind of get what you deserve. Just because they're in the public eye doesn't mean they're not allowed to have a private life or their boundaries shouldn't be respected.
    Oh, agreed. I don't think people should be allowed to terrorize/stalk/annoy their favorite celebrities, but at the same time, as long as it's always in the proper context, celebrities have to pay for their fame. Everyone knows what it involves. I know if I had fans, I'd be appreciative. Some celebrities take their celebrity for granted, and it's just obnoxious. There are plenty of celebrities who get just as much attention as anyone else and somehow have never had a bad run-in with fans. It's part of the job. All the millions of dollars and adoration and connections and privileges come with a price, and that price is not being a huge prick to people who like you.