Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XV difficult to complete in under 40/Episode Duscae Demo News

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default Final Fantasy XV difficult to complete in under 40/Episode Duscae Demo News

Final-Fantasy-XV-1.jpg

In a recent interview with Kotaku, Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata stated that the Final Fantasy XV world will be large and deep. "Originally, we were aiming so that the entire [FFXV] story could potentially be cleared within 40 hours," said Tabata. "But looking at the current volume of what's becoming available, it's looking harder and harder to clear within that time."

He stated that the production team is trying to gauge the length of the entire game and try to "work around it", as it may be too much for players to bear. Originally Duscae (where the demo will take place) was to be 1/5 of the whole world's size. However, it's grown much larger than the development team has anticipated, and for it to retain that ratio, the world would be too large to properly explore.

Final_fantasy_xv_noctis_lucis_caelum_render_by_jman023-d6fnc2i.pngAnother note on Duscae, the demo, Episode Duscae, which will be released along with the Day One Edition of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, will not take part during any of the game's main quest. "Unfortunately with this particular demo, we're avoiding having players play through the main story," according to Tabata. "That said, it's not gonna be as simple as we're dropping you into this open world and you can do whatever you'd like to do."

The developers are trying to balance the fun factor and the playability of the demo, so it could stand on it's own. "That said, we are kinda taking a part of the game that's related to the main story to a certain extent," Tabata said. "It may feel a little bit unnatural, but we did kind of include portions that players would easily be able to provide feedback on."

All the cool kids will get Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and the Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae Demo on March 17th in the US, and all the squares will get it without the demo afterwards.

Special thanks to http://powerupgaming.co.uk/

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm kind of upset that I will be missing this but I just can't afford a PS4 right now

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

You're not the only one. You could still buy the game, then later buy a PS4.

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

Fortunately, I don't think I'm really aiming to complete it in under 40 hours, so I should be just fine!

Though I'm totally excited for Type-0 for the game itself, not the demo.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I usually take longer than 40 to complete an RPG but that includes side activities. A main story for a RPG shouldn't be any longer than 30-40 or else it just drags on, so I hope it's closer to the 40 mark than further.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

IDK if I ever completed a post SNES FF in under 50 hours.

Apparently speedrunners are not known in Japan.

Articles
    Blog Entries

An FF game clocking over 40 hours is a very good thing and considering the relative vastness of the world this does not surprise me.

I just hope those 40 or so hours are filled with worthwhile gameplay and an engaging story.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

So they think the game might be too long now? The vastness of the world shouldn't be a problem for players as long as there is plenty of stuff to explore and not just plain land with nothing to do in it.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

5 hours of story, 35 hours of getting to story. Calling it now.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    So they think the game might be too long now? The vastness of the world shouldn't be a problem for players as long as there is plenty of stuff to explore and not just plain land with nothing to do in it.
    A valid concern based on the way SE has addressed these things in the last few years. 'You want an open world? We'll give you an entire WORLD of open roads that takes you REAL TIME to drive through! It will be the most openness open world that was ever opened!'

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

40 hours? Sounds fine by me.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I think a great RPG for me usually sits at a solid 60 to 70 hours including all the side quests. Some have taken 90 to 100 though, but those were in games where I did literally everything including talking to every NPC.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I think I clocked over 125 hrs. on my first XII playthrough.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I understand their concern if they're looking to attract the average person who doesn't like to spend hours on games, but I think they're also underestimating the groups who sits through long open-world games like Skyrim just a tad bit. I don't think those people are going to bat an eyelash at 40 hours, unless there isn't anything to engage you in said open-world, which I feel is a valid concern moving forward. Whenever they get a complaint about linearity or worlds being too open they go so far in the other direction it's ridiculous. It's like they can't find a middle ground, which is sad when you take into consideration everything X-2 did.