• Advertising

8 30.77%
  • No one; American Football/Handegg is a trout sport

0 0%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl

Articles
    Blog Entries

Belichick does have the most playoff wins of any NFL coach though, which kinda adds to what Shiny was saying.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This is a funny perspective on the whole deflating ball thing. Part of the reason why I find it ridiculous.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ource=facebook

It is ridiculous; but here's why it's an actual problem:

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    It is ridiculous; but here's why it's an actual problem:

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932
    That's actually very interesting. Thanks for the article share. For the record, I do think this sort of thing should be explored, but I still say that the NFL has bigger fish to fry (as the article I posted pointed out). Still, that's something I haven't seen anyone post anywhere in all the sports sites I casually browse!

Obviously, player health and domestic violence type stuff is a far higher priority. On the other hand, this stuff should much higher up the priority scale than things like players wearing the wrong color shoes or not speaking to the media, which the NFL seems to care about deeply.

Just remember, the NFL is actually awful:

Punch out your wife: 2 game suspension
    Smoke pot: 16 game suspension
    Use enough painkillers to knock out a horse: Nothing
    Illegally attempt to behead another player: $20k fine
    Touch your junk in celebration: $20k fine
    Wear the wrong color shoes: Ejected
    Don't talk to the media: $50k fine
    Drive drunk: No punishment

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Obviously, player health and domestic violence type stuff is a far higher priority. On the other hand, this stuff should much higher up the priority scale than things like players wearing the wrong color shoes or not speaking to the media, which the NFL seems to care about deeply.

Just remember, the NFL is actually awful:

Punch out your wife: 2 game suspension
    Smoke pot: 16 game suspension
    Use enough painkillers to knock out a horse: Nothing
    Illegally attempt to behead another player: $20k fine
    Touch your junk in celebration: $20k fine
    Wear the wrong color shoes: Ejected
    Don't talk to the media: $50k fine
    Drive drunk: No punishment
    Not to be a smart-ass, but is there a legal way to attempt to behead someone?

Also, oh wow, that info, Spuuky. I was pretty comfortable accepting it as fact that the Patriots cheated (Brady is a TERRIBLE LIAR, wow. I'm not surprised about him lying, I'm surprised at how bad he is at it), but I didn't expect that. I'd love to see the stats on the fumbling rates of players who have spent time on other teams. They had Green-Ellis, and Brady's never been on another team...who would there be to analyze?
    Last edited by chionos; 01-23-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Blog Entries

I don't believe anyone has received a season suspension for a first time marijuana offence.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Obviously, player health and domestic violence type stuff is a far higher priority.
    I like jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    I don't believe anyone has received a season suspension for a first time marijuana offence.
    They can if they were improperly placed in an advanced stage of the NFL's "rehab" program. At that point, you could miss mandatory meetings to be penalized enough to get suspended.

But so far this has only happened once.

Coming off of the sideline to shake your teammate's hand after a touchdown? $20k fine

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Not to be a smart-ass, but is there a legal way to attempt to behead someone?
    State ordered execution in which guillotine is not considered cruel or unusual. Or any nation-state which does not hold to that statute. Normally we can skip the "attempted" part and skip straight to the "successful" part.

Also, oh wow, that info, Spuuky. I was pretty comfortable accepting it as fact that the Patriots cheated (Brady is a TERRIBLE LIAR, wow. I'm not surprised about him lying, I'm surprised at how bad he is at it), but I didn't expect that. I'd love to see the stats on the fumbling rates of players who have spent time on other teams. They had Green-Ellis, and Brady's never been on another team...who would there be to analyze?
    Bearing in mind that the rule changed in 2006/2007 from league-managed balls to each team managing their own balls, start with this tweet and go backward in this guy's timeline:

https://twitter.com/zjwhitman/status/558534884545675264

Not for a first-time offense. That doesn't make it any less stupid. It shouldn't even be a crime; but if you accept that it is a crime, let the law handle that, and for god's sake don't levy a greater penalty than unnecessarily violence or domestic abuse, and the same penalty as performance enhancing drugs.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Bearing in mind that the rule changed in 2006/2007 from league-managed balls to each team managing their own balls, start with this tweet and go backward in this guy's timeline:

Thanks. That's what I wanted to see, and that's pretty telling. Kind of a bigger deal than I thought. I don't know how something like this can't have huge repercussions, but I'm sure it won't. Slap on the wrist fine, and a couple draft picks lost, and that's all (if that). It's kind of disgusting.

Blog Entries

Not for a first-time offense. That doesn't make it any less stupid. It shouldn't even be a crime; but if you accept that it is a crime, let the law handle that, and for god's sake don't levy a greater penalty than unnecessarily violence or domestic abuse, and the same penalty as performance enhancing drugs.
    I don't agree with it or the laws but, it's the rule of the league and when you're being paid millions of dollars for maybe 10 years, you can probably wait to smoke weed until after those 10 years (if you're lucky enough to play that long) are up.

Which is why I think Belichek needs to be banned from the league. this is the second time his team has been caught breaking the rules. they are supposed to be the best team this century yet they need to cheat. It's complete bulltrout, he and Brady both blatantly lied to the nation yesterday and threw the equipment manager under the bus.

Hey, I completely agree that smoking pot, knowing the rules are what they are, is an incredibly dumb thing to do.

Blog Entries

Well Gordon has now failed ANOTHER drug test and will have a full season suspension.

A drug test for alcohol. The NFL is stupid. (and so is Josh Gordon)

Blog Entries

are you friggen serious!? he failed for alcohol!?