Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Controversial opinions about Final Fantasy

It depends on the game. Some BM is dumber to get than others.

My Newest Opinion:
    All FF games are equally inferior to Xenogears.

That counts, right?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    Blue magic is stupid and not worth the time to collect it.
    Varies wildly in different games. In VII there's a lot of truly brilliant stuff in Enemy Skills. In V or VI or VIII? Don't smurfing bother, huge waste of time. Quina's not great either but you should be eating everything on principle so it kind of evens out.

Articles
    Blog Entries

We've been through this, FL

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

In FFV there's far better classes to use than waste a character or ability slot on very situation magic.
    In FFVI Strago is a weak character, where the party slot is better used by someone with actual abilities, and the game is too easy to care about an extra healing or defensive magic.
    In FFVII it could be ok, but the slot is better utilized by more useful materia. Getting the skills is pure vanity because you like them.
    In FFIX Quina is only mandatory in one part of the game so hoping to get an enemy low enough to eat without killing it is a huge time sink with little return.
    In FFX Kimahri is weak and only mandatory for a single fight, and the difficulty scales to how often you've used him previously. It's better to not ever use him so the others become stronger, faster.

I don't use white wind or might guard in any game. It might be nice for two or three fights in FFX but nowhere near important.

Articles
    Blog Entries

There are a few useful spells in FFVI and Strago has good stats anyway so why not have another great caster?

You can have plenty of open slots in FFVII, so it's not really a waste to use E.Skill. I also like to use it on non-magic heroes, since it won't bring down their HP/Atk, unlike Green material. A lot of spells like Flame Thrower and Trine are typically more powerful than the magic you have at that point in the game.

Quina again has great stats, very tanky and can have decent attack. There might be only a few standout spells to get but it's nice to have versatility in your party, makes the game more interesting.

Kimahri won't drop off too far if you pick a path for him and stick with it, although sure, he won't scale as well as the character naturally on that path.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Controversial opinions about monolith games: All of them are complete crap except Xenoblade.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Seems I need to go and make my Xenosaga Topic of 2015 now