Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canceled Shows You Love (other than Firefly)

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

+1 to Dead Like Me

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Dead Like Me

The movie was garbage though.
    OMG yes! I completely forgot about that show.

There was a movie?
    I've seen plenty of movies I didn't like but there are only two movies that I have ever wanted to un-watch. This is one of them. I was warned, they were like "no don't watch it, it ruins everything forever!" I mean if you like this show you are probably going to inevitably watch it no matter how much I warn you but I just want you to know if you need a shoulder to cry on after we're here

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dead Like Me

A friend of mine was on that Kings show so I tried watching it but it was incredibly boring.
    Yeeeeeeeeeees Dead Like Me. I just want Mandy Patinkin to sadly, softly sing to more people in my life. I won't see the movie just because of everything I hear. I wish there were more Ellen Muth in the world.

I really liked The Killing. It was on for two seasons and I think maybe netflix picked up a third that I haven't seen yet.

Signature by rubah. I think.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    Kings definitely deserved far more than it got. It was superb in every facet, beautiful, tense, meaningful, and filled with great actors, most of all King Al Swearengen.

Every way that Alphas got screwed by ScyFy was a crime, because the show was one of the freshest, best looks at the superhero genre in years and years and years. Everything Heroes wanted to be, Alphas was, and more. Plus, Gary Most adorable and reportedly the most accurate portrayal of autism in just about any fictional show.
    My ex turned me on to Kings and I'm really surprised and saddened that it was canceled without ever really getting a chance to explore those characters.

I agree with every single word you wrote concerning Alphas. It was doing so much right in the way it handled supers, and the characters were growing in really interesting but believable ways. Man, I was so pissed when it got canceled. <3 Gary.

For this and so many other reasons, the execs at ScyFy deserve to be publicly flogged and mocked forever as the dumbest dummies in television history.

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    Suburgatory.

It made it for 3 seasons, but it was a damn good show and I still can't believe ABC pulled the plug on it. Especially considering "The Middle" is so God awful.
    I actually watched that show some (not really my thing) and was pleasantly surprised by it. The main characters were great, but I watched because of Alan Tudyk, and then he got cut between seasons, and that was it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Dead Like Me

OMG yes! I completely forgot about that show.

There was a movie?
    DON'T WATCH IT! Don't you smurfing do it. Not if you've seen the series. Not if you haven't seen the series but think you might some day. Not if you never plan to see the series at all. Just don't do it!

Oh, and I wanted to add: Stargate: SGU. I know it was seriously flawed, but I think it was finding itself and had a ton of potential.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The mention of Alan Tudyk (and also Alpha) made me think of another. Dollhouse.

Quit canceling Joss Whedon shows, my god.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Angel? It had 5 seasons, but everyone who watched it knows it got canceled... it had a lot of potential to continue at the time and it was just... dropped.

I did have another one, but age and forgetfulness has happened and I cant seem to remember what it was I was thinking only 10 seconds ago... >.<

EDIT: Dead Like me
    EDIT2: Close your eyes and focus on the words, this is why DLM is such an awesome show.

Blog Entries

OOOOOO I doubt anyone will remember the night time soap operas that came on MY30 or whatever.

Fashion House & I can't remember the other one..

The girl I was living with & I got really into them but they only made it one season or something.