Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Most traditional communications media including telephone, music, film, and television are being reshaped or redefined by the Internet, giving birth to new services such as voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Internet Protocol television (IPTV). Newspaper, book, and other print publishing are adapting to website technology, or are reshaped into blogging and web feeds. The Internet has enabled and accelerated new forms of human interactions through instant messaging, Internet forums, and social networking. Online shopping has boomed both for major retail outlets and small artisans and traders. Business-to-business and financial services on the Internet affect supply chains across entire industries.
We all use the Internet to a greater or lesser extent (probably greater because we're posting nerdy stuff about our nerdy video games like big fat nerds), but how has the Internet affected you, personally? Has it had much of an effect, or has it been fairly unimportant?

For me, it's provided me with a couple of girlfriends and now my fiancee, so some very important relationships relied on it. I've made friends around the world, and I'd like to think my exposure to a broader section of humankind has helped me be a better person. Obviously I can access just about any media imaginable in one form or another, and the number of things I couldn't access within about an hour are tiny, mostly really big videogames. That's... remarkable, when you sit and think about it. Truly remarkable. Right now I'm posting on this forum, reading Wikipedia, I've got a Cracked article in another tab, I'm listening to Spotify, I'm talking to Pike on IMs, and idly playing a digitally distributed videogame. Now granted, I could have done most of these in one form or another without it, but this is all in a couple of windows on a single device.