Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marilyn Manson - The Pale Emperor

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I'll put my faith in you, Sephex, and give it a listen! Holy Wood was my album. I liked AS and MA but I always felt HW was like a perfect midway point between the two. I kind of... I dunno, I don't want to say grew out of it but maybe that's the word. When I heard the single mOBSCENE I was like yeah no, this isn't for me anymore.
    Oh yeah, I recall years ago that you cited Holy Wood as your favorite.

Now, will you like the new one?! Or am I the only one that is still into Marilyn Manson!?

TUNE IN NEXT TIME FOR GOTHIC BALL Z!!!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Did Slipknot make any albums after Iowa? Did Korn do anything after Untouchables? Tune into Psychotic's Teenage Favourites: Where are they now? - only in The Lounge!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Great write up of the albums, Sephex. Even though it's not a regular album, I'd like to give a special mention to the Smells Like Children EP for really putting the band on the map. Sweet Dreams sold that album and to this day it's one of their highest selling records.

I might have said this before, but Mechanical Animals is my favorite Manson record. Despite being a single, The Dope Show is the only song on the record I could really take or leave. The interesting thing here is that people associate John 5 with the guitars on this record due to the fact that he toured it and was in the music videos, but he actually joined the band after it was completed.

I'm not the biggest fan in the world of Portrait but Lunchbox and Dope Hat are so good they'd make it onto a greatest hits if I were to make one. There isn't a Manson album that I dislike. Eat Me Drink Me is one of my favorites and i'm sure i'm in the minority there.

I still haven't given a proper listen to Born Villain or The Pale Emperor. No reason why, really. There was a time there where I was discovering new music and becoming absent minded of long time favorites.

Original guitarist Daisy Berkowitz has the rights to the original Spooky Kids songs and released a remastered album. This is one of my favorites as well as a few more of my favorite Manson songs: