Thread: Distant Worlds III

Default Distant Worlds III

The third album featuring orchestral arrangements of classic Final Fantasy themes that are played in the Distant Worlds concerts worldwide is now available in Japan! And next week in the US/UK.

Here's the full tracklist:

01 Song of Prayer~Farplane Sending (FINAL FANTASY X) 4:48
    02 Battle & Victory Theme Medley (FINAL FANTASY SERIES) 4:51
    03 Kiss Me Good-Bye (FINAL FANTASY XII) 4:51
    04 You're Not Alone (FINAL FANTASY IX) 3:59
    05 Balamb GARDEN~Ami (FINAL FANTASY VIII) 5:31
    06 Character Theme Medley (FINAL FANTASY VI) 6:29
    07 Fabula Nova Crystallis (FINAL FANTASY XIII) 2:54
    08 Blinded by Light (FINAL FANTASY XIII) 4:13
    09 Primal Judgment (FINAL FANTASY XIV) 5:10
    10 Rose of May (FINAL FANTASY IX) 3:48
    11 Chocobo Medley 2012 (FINAL FANTASY SERIES) 5:35
    12 Ending Theme (FINAL FANTASY VI) 5:09
    13 Answers (FINAL FANTASY XIV)

Highlights for me are Kiss Me Goodbye (I have been waiting forever for the Distant Wolds arrangement of this) and You're Not Alone. I don't think this is anywhere near as good as the previous two albums though, nothing of the epic calibre of Maria & Draco, One Winged Angel, Dancing Mad etc. And two of the battle themes in the battle medley really deserve to be stand alone pieces.

Still, a nice addition to the collection in my opinion. Probably still worth a solid B.

Anyone else here been to a Distant Worlds or similar? I also went to 'Final Symphony' which was incredible but they never released recordings of that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Never been, but that sounds pretty niffy.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    If you've never heard Maria & Draco, I highly recommend you put 15 minutes aside and find the track on youtube. Especially if you are in any way a Final Fantasy VI fan.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

I went to the last Distant Worlds concert at the Royal Albert Hall. The music was great, as always, but the audience was a little bit cringeworthy. There was a girl to the left of me playing air piano on her knee in the corner of my eye. It was a little bit distracting! =P It's definitely something I would do again though and the arrangements are usually fantastic.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    I went to the last Distant Worlds concert at the Royal Albert Hall. The music was great, as always, but the audience was a little bit cringeworthy. There was a girl to the left of me playing air piano on her knee in the corner of my eye. It was a little bit distracting! =P It's definitely something I would do again though and the arrangements are usually fantastic.
    I went to the Albert Hall one too, really absolutely loved the music. Yeah there were a few mega nerds about but it's good because there's a real community spirit.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    I went to the Albert Hall one too, really absolutely loved the music. Yeah there were a few mega nerds about but it's good because there's a real community spirit.
    I remain the eternal outsider...

Haha! =P To be honest, I wish I was geeky enough to be a part of it. But it's just so damn OTT. =P

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    If you've never heard Maria & Draco, I highly recommend you put 15 minutes aside and find the track on youtube. Especially if you are in any way a Final Fantasy VI fan.
    Listening to them now. Only took me eight days!

Loving it.