Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airship may not be in the game :/

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

We've not had a proper FF airship that we could actually fly about since what, FFIX? Other than that it's just been a fast travel hub.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    We've not had a proper FF airship that we could actually fly about since what, FFIX? Other than that it's just been a fast travel hub.
    Yeah, but that's mainly because IX was the last one with an overworld map for you to actually fly an airship around on.

An airship you could fly around like that in a setup like FFXII or FFXIII would just seem...strange.

Speaking of which, FFXII's story was just begging for them to bring back controllable airships, seeing as two of your characters were sky pirates and one was an aspiring sky pirate.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    I haven't been expecting one since it was revealed that there was such a heavy focus on the car. Between a car and fast travel points, an airship seems like overkill.
    Yeah, I see your point there. An airship would be nice but like you say if there are enough ways to travel already then is one really needed? It would still be nice if they surprised us and added one in, but if they don't I won't really be too fussed.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Obama : Good morning America. I for one, is extremely disappointment in this world, this nation. We have gone through depressing times, but this is extremely depressing news. For Japan, for the world, for America.

/ walks away in shame.

Technical issue my ass. They did it with FF9 beautifully. The overworld can be less graphically appealing and when we land we have to go through certain maps to get where we really want to go. Doens't seem that hard.

I for one am not too bothered. I like the focus on using a car and Cidney is in it so eh, there's my travel related requirements sorted. So long as there is some kind of fast travel it's all good. However, I do wonder about traversing water. Car subs anyone?
    "And if all the world is but a song of swords and spells then where on the threads of fate must we lie?"

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    Technical issue my ass. They did it with FF9 beautifully. The overworld can be less graphically appealing and when we land we have to go through certain maps to get where we really want to go. Doens't seem that hard.
    This! Personally I wouldn't mind a less graphically appealing overworld either, and even with next gen graphics I'm sure they would still find a way to make it look amazing... but in saying that I get the impression the world of XV will be much smaller than what we're used to, so maybe the need for an airship just isn't there (just taking into account the level of detail in the locations we've seen so far and how long it must take to create even a smallish sized world).