Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    Dude, seriously Steph. He's become a good actor, but go back and watch episodes like Move Along Home. It's pretty rough/funny.
    In fairness this is one of the worst episodes in the entire show and EVERYONE in it was being a terrible actor when they shot it

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Dude, seriously Steph. He's become a good actor, but go back and watch episodes like Move Along Home. It's pretty rough/funny.
    In fairness this is one of the worst episodes in the entire show and EVERYONE in it was being a terrible actor when they shot it
    It would take an exceptionally dumb actor not to realize how dumb that episode was and try to put in a performance that wasn't dumb. And the performance would be more dumb because of it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I started watching DS9 too and it's been entertaining enough to pass the time while I feed my twins but nothing special. I'm trying to skip through the first season and only watch the more relevant episodes.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    It would take an exceptionally dumb actor not to realize how dumb that episode was and try to put in a performance that wasn't dumb. And the performance would be more dumb because of it.
    The cheese episodes are the best episodes. You guys don't know nothin'. 'bout anything.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

DS9 has episodes like Move Along Home which is one of the worst Trek episodes ever in a good Trek series (only the last one of season 2 of TNG is worse tbh), but then you have episodes like Duet, In The Pale Moonlight, Far Beyond The Stars, Once More Unto The Breach, and The Visitor, to say nothing of the super hardcore ten-episode arc that rounds out the series. But they also do silly episodes here and there that are still really great, like Our Man Bashir, Trials and Tribble-ations, and Little Green Men.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Little Green Men is spectacular.

Articles
    Blog Entries

There's a lot of gray, I'll give you that. I kind of like the gray in their uniforms, though.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Far Beyond The Stars and Trials and Tribble-ations are, I think, my two favorite episodes in the entire Star Trek canon, period. And TNG had some amazing stuff, but, just... dang DS9 just wins here for individual episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    DS9 definitely takes a little while to get going
    tbh this is the case with most of Star Trek.

TNG only really got going after a couple of seasons, and looking back seasons 1 + 2 aren't worth watching much.

Voyager only managed to string together some good stuff after Seven of Nine came in (not just because of the character, but the events that surrounded her), that said, there were a couple of episodes prior that were worth watching - The Thaw springs to mind.

Enterprise should have been cancelled after season one or two, but objectively speaking, they cancelled it after the best run the show had had.

tl;dr - give DS9 a chance.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just watched the series finale of DS9 today. So sad to see it end. It's such a good, good series and you get soooo attached to the characters.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

You'll like it if you can stick with it, Pump. I've said it before on EoFF, but it bears repeating, DS9 has some of the best characterizations in all of Star Trek. It has several of the best female characters, Worf 2.0, the Ferengi trio, and the absolute best villains. The writing does have its ups and downs but the ups are totally worth it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm curious if anyone here felt the last season dipped in quality compared to the first six. I remember a review I watched online a long time ago where the critic troutted all over the final season. Then again, he also thought "2001: A Space Odyssey" was a show about nothing so I take everything he says with a pinch of salt, but I'm still curious.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Seeing as I considered the first few seasons to be fairly weak, then no, the last season was certainly not a dip in quality of any sort.

That said, Seasons 5 and 6 were probably the two best seasons of the show. But that doesn't mean season 7 was bad.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It would be extremely difficult for the last season to be worse than the first. Not that I'd listen to the opinions of someone who thought 2001 was about nothing anyway.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ctrl+F

Odo

Not one result

What the

What is wrong with you people

ODO IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS ODO ODO ODO

But yeah, season one meh, but it's all about the Odo. O'Brien is cool too. Agree regarding how Jadzia gets better and better. Also, however, agree that the doc is perhaps the worst character of the main group. Give it at least one season of the Dominion stuff and things will start to really pick up.

Love the Cardassian appearance, too. Always have. The Ingmar race in Aiyon (see sig!) is partially inspired by them when it comes to appearance.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!