Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: What is your Favourite Version of FF IV

  1. #16

    Default

    I guess the original one for the SNES. It was my very first FF title.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    So... am I the only one in this thread who played the GBA version?
    I would fight Zeromus EG any day over Geryon and Proto Babil.

  3. #18

    Default

    Am I the only one who liked the Advanced version's ability to let you choose your final party? I've only beaten the Advanced version and I was stunned to learn in the original you were stuck with troutty Rosa and Edge.

    I dumped their asses as soon as possible. Had Porom and Yang instead. I can't even imagine trying to play with them. Rosa especially was worthless, as both a character and in gameplay.

  4. #19
    VeloZer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,984
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

    Default

    Pray is one of the most useful skills in the game. Especially in the versions with steeper difficulty.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

  5. #20
    fat_moogle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,705
    Articles
    10

    FFXIV Character

    Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

    Default

    The only one I've tried is the PS1 version from Final Fantasy Anthology, but I didn't play much. I'm considering purchasing Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection for PSP to play on my Vita while the Final Fantasy Discount offers are still live, but with FF Type-0 and the FFXV demo I'm not really sure I'm going to get around to playing it.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

  6. #21
    Famine Wolf Cid's Knight Sephex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Solar System
    Posts
    12,117
    Articles
    2
    Blog Entries
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Pray is one of the most useful skills in the game. Especially in the versions with steeper difficulty.
    Not only that, but Rosa practically breaks the end battle with Zeromus on any version. She is most of the reason why I wonder why so many people carry on about how hard the final battle is.

  7. #22

    Default

    Not played the PSP version yet, but so far the DS version is the trout. Best script and best challenge of any version.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Pray is one of the most useful skills in the game. Especially in the versions with steeper difficulty.
    Not only that, but Rosa practically breaks the end battle with Zeromus on any version. She is most of the reason why I wonder why so many people carry on about how hard the final battle is.
    The battle is easy once you realized Big Bang is going off as a counter attack. Then it becomes a breeze to clear that fight.

  8. #23
    Famine Wolf Cid's Knight Sephex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Solar System
    Posts
    12,117
    Articles
    2
    Blog Entries
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Not played the PSP version yet, but so far the DS version is the trout. Best script and best challenge of any version.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Pray is one of the most useful skills in the game. Especially in the versions with steeper difficulty.
    Not only that, but Rosa practically breaks the end battle with Zeromus on any version. She is most of the reason why I wonder why so many people carry on about how hard the final battle is.
    The battle is easy once you realized Big Bang is going off as a counter attack. Then it becomes a breeze to clear that fight.
    I actually still do what I want in that battle and just make sure I have the strongest level of Cure set at all times. Maybe...MAYBE once in awhile one of my party dies, but all the items I have at that point make dealing with that no problem.

  9. #24

    Default

    The DS version, I don't mind the increase in difficulty, it adds more to the game. There's a little more to the characters and storyline too, like little chocolate sprinkles on top of a ice cream sundae.


    I really want to play the GBA version though, to have the freedom of choice of who goes to fight Zeromus. And get rid of Edge.



  10. #25

    Default

    If only I could have Tellah to fight Zeromus....

    It is good to see everyone hates Edge though.

  11. #26
    VeloZer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,984
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

    Default

    I disliked edge in the SNES, but found him considerably more valuable in the DS version. With everything being harder and counter attacks being more prevalent find that you can work his high evade in as part of your strategy.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

  12. #27
    Radical Dreamer Cid's Knight Fynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tower of the Swallow
    Posts
    16,793
    Articles
    56
    Blog Entries
    16

    FFXIV Character

    A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Yeah, Edge was pretty okay?

    Tellah had terrible MP, though.

    FL, we can just never see eye to eye, can we

  13. #28

    Default

    Edge is a narcissistic twat who hits on Rydia, even though she keeps on shouting no at him in very version of FF IV

    Not to mention the Big Whale scene. Cecil has a good reason why he wants Rosa and Rydia to leave. Rosa because he loves her deeply, and Rydia is like a young daughter or young sister to him.

    Edge just wants them gone because " it's a man's mission "


    like, smurf off.



  14. #29
    Resident Critic Ayen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    13,160
    Articles
    12
    Blog Entries
    76

    Default

    I don't think I made it far enough to see Edge.

    Guy sounds like an asshole.

  15. #30
    Radical Dreamer Cid's Knight Fynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tower of the Swallow
    Posts
    16,793
    Articles
    56
    Blog Entries
    16

    FFXIV Character

    A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Oh, don't get me wrong, he is. I just said he's useful enough I the DS version.

    Not to mention in the After Years he actually grows up and becomes likeable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •