Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your Favourite Version of FF IV

I guess the original one for the SNES. It was my very first FF title.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    So... am I the only one in this thread who played the GBA version?
    I would fight Zeromus EG any day over Geryon and Proto Babil.

Am I the only one who liked the Advanced version's ability to let you choose your final party? I've only beaten the Advanced version and I was stunned to learn in the original you were stuck with troutty Rosa and Edge.

I dumped their asses as soon as possible. Had Porom and Yang instead. I can't even imagine trying to play with them. Rosa especially was worthless, as both a character and in gameplay.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Pray is one of the most useful skills in the game. Especially in the versions with steeper difficulty.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

The only one I've tried is the PS1 version from Final Fantasy Anthology, but I didn't play much. I'm considering purchasing Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection for PSP to play on my Vita while the Final Fantasy Discount offers are still live, but with FF Type-0 and the FFXV demo I'm not really sure I'm going to get around to playing it.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Pray is one of the most useful skills in the game. Especially in the versions with steeper difficulty.
    Not only that, but Rosa practically breaks the end battle with Zeromus on any version. She is most of the reason why I wonder why so many people carry on about how hard the final battle is.

Not played the PSP version yet, but so far the DS version is the trout. Best script and best challenge of any version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Not only that, but Rosa practically breaks the end battle with Zeromus on any version. She is most of the reason why I wonder why so many people carry on about how hard the final battle is.
    The battle is easy once you realized Big Bang is going off as a counter attack. Then it becomes a breeze to clear that fight.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Not played the PSP version yet, but so far the DS version is the trout. Best script and best challenge of any version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    The battle is easy once you realized Big Bang is going off as a counter attack. Then it becomes a breeze to clear that fight.
    I actually still do what I want in that battle and just make sure I have the strongest level of Cure set at all times. Maybe...MAYBE once in awhile one of my party dies, but all the items I have at that point make dealing with that no problem.

The DS version, I don't mind the increase in difficulty, it adds more to the game. There's a little more to the characters and storyline too, like little chocolate sprinkles on top of a ice cream sundae.

I really want to play the GBA version though, to have the freedom of choice of who goes to fight Zeromus. And get rid of Edge.

If only I could have Tellah to fight Zeromus....

It is good to see everyone hates Edge though.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I disliked edge in the SNES, but found him considerably more valuable in the DS version. With everything being harder and counter attacks being more prevalent find that you can work his high evade in as part of your strategy.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, Edge was pretty okay?

Tellah had terrible MP, though.

FL, we can just never see eye to eye, can we

Edge is a narcissistic twat who hits on Rydia, even though she keeps on shouting no at him in very version of FF IV

Not to mention the Big Whale scene. Cecil has a good reason why he wants Rosa and Rydia to leave. Rosa because he loves her deeply, and Rydia is like a young daughter or young sister to him.

Edge just wants them gone because " it's a man's mission "

like, smurf off.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't think I made it far enough to see Edge.

Guy sounds like an asshole.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, don't get me wrong, he is. I just said he's useful enough I the DS version.

Not to mention in the After Years he actually grows up and becomes likeable.