Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NHL

Blog Entries

The Red Wings I find are a team where players go at the end of their careers. Detroit is a solid team, they always have been. They also always had a great line up, since Chelios, Yzerman I mean since I can remember Detroit has always made good playoff runs.

I think the teams that move up north are just financial solutions. Hockey will always be big in Canada, but look at the number of teams in the States and the number of teams in Canada. Culturally hockey is all over Canada, so it's probably a *if all else fails* move lol.
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

Blog Entries

The South stole the Whalers from me

Love my Jackets

Wings and Predators can suck it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yar View Post
    Love my Jackets

Wings and Predators can suck it
    Only because you don't know any better
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to go and watch the Manchester Phoenix with my ex and I loved it! She was from Nottingham and therefore cheered for the far superior Nottingham Panthers. Inevitably, we got battered every time we played them.

Most of the English ice hockey teams are made up of failed Canadian players who come over here after not making it in USA/Canada. They literally turn up only having one leg and they're still better than all the UK players.

I remember one guy who played for us called Mark Thomas. He came from Stockport (not far from Manchester) and he was my favourite player. He never scored, could hardly skate... and he had more penalty minutes then anyone in the league. I remember one time we lost 2-0 at home to the Sheffield Steelers. Highlight of the game though was Thomas beating the crap out of their star player in the second period. Good times.

Blog Entries

I've seen this a lot in documentaries, it's hard for the enforcer. The league has really weeded those players out of the game.

Blog Entries

I actually prefer less fighting and more of the Olympics style Hockey.

I need to get back into following Hockey more but I dunno who to root for. I just can't root for the Bruins with all of my heart since they were the Whalers biggest rival. Think I might start watching Flyers games.

I loved playing Hockey as a kid but, we moved and my new school didn't have it. But, I did get to start playing football after the move!

Blog Entries

Flyers? Oh man I'm so going to be in your face, like all the time! Toronto Philly rivalries are always a great game to watch! Especially live, fighting may have been getting bad, however when I played hockey it provided a monstrous energy boost and would make the game so much more intense/meaningful. The problem is a lot of guys would take it out of hand, that's when injuries happen that shouldn't of. But not allowing fighting makes more players getting "creative" to get back at opponents. Maybe not immediately but I think there is more of a probability now.

Blog Entries

Yeah I dunno how into it I'll be lol. Too many games in a season. And its just not the same without those horrible ugly blue and green whalers jerseys.

Blog Entries

They weren't that bad. There really wasn't a jersey I haven't liked. I mean everything goes together so well in the NHL. Except that Mullets jersey, one of the proposed team. Maybe it's the name that threw me off. I actually don't like some of the old Ottawa Senators layouts, or the Buffalo Sabres.

EDIT: It's not like I have anything against other people who like it, I just don't.