Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHL

Blog Entries

Default NHL

Is there any hockey fans out here in the world of EoFF?
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

Blog Entries

I am but, the NHL is evil and took my Hartford Whalers away from me. Sooooo I don't really have anyone to root for since the local teams were all their rivals.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The closest I got to the NHL was a video game and the Mighty Duck movies.

Blog Entries

Well in any case the NHL is expanded to LV, and I think the proposed a team in Seattle called the Mammoth's. The legendary Martin Brodeur is retiring with 691 victories, he is the NHL's all-time wins leader and boasts 125 shutouts, also a league record. If anyone cares. Hey the Maple Leafs play tomorrow!
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm Canadian so I'm a hockey fan by default

Blog Entries

I loosely cheer for the Bruins, Flyers and Blackhawks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I'm Canadian so I'm a hockey fan by default
    Oh what part of Canada? Do you have a favorite team?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm from Ottawa Ontario. I guess my favourite would be Montreal Canadiens but I'm not a very loyal fan

When I was little I would root for New Jersey Devils to troll the adult I was living with

Blog Entries

So what do you think of the Senators? Canadians, always the Montreal Canadians. Why do I meet so many Habs fans.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't mind the senators. I used to make some decent money in high school betting against them though

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I was a Thrashers fan because geography. They were scrappy, but it didn't last and they went to Winnipeg. (I think)

Atlanta can't keep a hockey team. /poors some beer on the ground for the Atlanta Flames.

Blog Entries

Atlanta Flames didn't really have a great impact on the NHL. I didn't see many Atlanta fans anywhere really, although I kind of liked their color scheme!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I don't mind the senators. I used to make some decent money in high school betting against them though
    Well Pumpkin you can't rely on that anymore because they are quite the force now!

Yeah, the Flames weren't around long, and gone before I was born. I just know there's a small yet loyal group of hockey fans down in Atlanta.

Sadly there's just not enough of them to support a team. No monies, no funnies.

I just learned that Calgary still uses the flaming A logo to designate a team captain. That's pretty cool. I just wonder how many people up there realize the Flame logo comes from the fact that Atlanta was burned to the ground.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    Yeah, the Flames weren't around long, and gone before I was born. I just know there's a small yet loyal group of hockey fans down in Atlanta.

Sadly there's just not enough of them to support a team. No monies, no funnies.

I just learned that Calgary still uses the flaming A logo to designate a team captain. That's pretty cool. I just wonder how many people up there realize the Flame logo comes from the fact that Atlanta was burned to the ground.

Yeah I don't think many people would know that Atlanta Flames became Calgary, but the Thrashers actually became the Jets!

I think it's funny one of the most southerly located NHL teams ended up in one of the more culturally similar areas of Canada. It's like they just sent the team to the South of the True North.

I should just say screw it, and claim to be a Red Wings fan. I think they're consistently decent.