Thread: Godly Sword Fighting Strippers in Space

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Godly Sword Fighting Strippers in Space

So, I watched Kill la Kill recently and holy trout was it a good anime. I'll admit, I was a little abrasive when my roommate tried to sell me on the watch and I found out the main character has less clothing on than I do after a few shots at the bar. But the show quickly turned it up to 11 and was fan-freaking-tastic. Anyone who says otherwise will have to talk to the discipline chair.

The music was fantastic, even if there was a bit of hubris and they thought they could speak German and all the weaboos who edit out the rapping from the main theme because it isn't kawaii enough for their waifu's can go suck it. Discuss Kill La Kill, what were your favorite parts? And if you haven't seen it go to crunchy roll and I'll see you in about 8 hours after you've marathon-ed through.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I learned german for 3 years more than 10 years ago and haven't used it since. I can still clearly hear how terrible their german is .

Anyway I watched 10 or so episodes of this show with some friends last year. It was pretty amusing.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I tried. Couldn't do it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Once again EoFF lets me down.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i watched all of it and liked it

same as you was at first turned off by the nudity and hentai-ness of the whole thing

and even though later they explain it and it's a part of the plot or whatever, it still kind of feels wrong to me

but like

fun ride

have you seen gurren lagaan

Articles
    Blog Entries

by the way if you had titled this actually kill la kill i wouda opened the thread way sooner than this title cause i figured it was a real thing

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Well, if krissy liked it, I'll give it another shot.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Dawwww
    I had to start it 2.5 times myself
    It is pretty problematic in some ways
    I reckon id think the same of burden lagaan if I watched it nowadays
    Or like
    Any anime

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    i watched all of it and liked it

same as you was at first turned off by the nudity and hentai-ness of the whole thing

and even though later they explain it and it's a part of the plot or whatever, it still kind of feels wrong to me

but like

fun ride

have you seen gurren lagaan
    Gurren Lagaan is up next on my list to watch, I've seen a few episodes and it seems pretty good but its been hard to watch when I already had (SPOILER)it spoiled for me that Kamina dies.

Kill la Kill is amazing. I found it really hard to get into for the first couple of episodes because it was just so insane and full of fanservice, neither of which I'm a massive fan of.

But I was also taking it a bit too seriously. By the end of the 'race to school' episode it had won me over. Has some amazing characters in there, not least of which is Senketsu. It takes a lot of guts to make a skimpy magical sailor uniform one of your main protagonists, and at first I didn't think they'd pull it off. But they found a way.

More things:
    - The rap part in 'Before my Body is Dry' is awful, it is far more epic and cool without it. Though frankly that entire song is a bit lacklustre unless it's a dramatic accompaniment to an awesome transformation sequence.
    - I don't like Gurren Lagaan. It was just growing on me by doing something interesting and believable with it's characters before aforementioned spoilers happened and ruined everything.
    - Harime Nui is one of the most terrifying villains in anything ever.

Also the title of this thread is misleading. They only spend like, 5 minutes in space.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've heard so many polar opposite opinions on this show. "Great watch", "eh it was okay", "it's the next NGE", "just don't watch it". I would watch it but I have a pretty big backlog as it is.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Kill la Kill is amazing. I found it really hard to get into for the first couple of episodes because it was just so insane and full of fanservice, neither of which I'm a massive fan of.

But I was also taking it a bit too seriously. By the end of the 'race to school' episode it had won me over. Has some amazing characters in there, not least of which is Senketsu. It takes a lot of guts to make a skimpy magical sailor uniform one of your main protagonists, and at first I didn't think they'd pull it off. But they found a way.

More things:
    - The rap part in 'Before my Body is Dry' is awful, it is far more epic and cool without it. Though frankly that entire song is a bit lacklustre unless it's a dramatic accompaniment to an awesome transformation sequence.
    - I don't like Gurren Lagaan. It was just growing on me by doing something interesting and believable with it's characters before aforementioned spoilers happened and ruined everything.
    - Harime Nui is one of the most terrifying villains in anything ever.

Also the title of this thread is misleading. They only spend like, 5 minutes in space.
    I described the most ridiculous scene of the anime

Everyone stop hating or you'll be up for 1,000,000 serve punishment!