1. San Andreas
    2. Vice City
    3. V
    4. III
    5. 2
    6. London
    7. 1
    8. IV

IV obviously not the worst from a technical standpoint but for its time, the writing and low level of freedom to complete your objectives. "Chase this car and blow it up, but it can only take damage after you've seen the totally dramatic (but scripted) truck swerve out of its path!!!" Though that said, its DLC was a vast improvement.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default 95. Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Thinking about it, there aren't many games better than GTA for how Pumpkin likes to play.
    I'm glad you mentioned this Skyblade because it brings us to the next entry on the list

95. Driver (PlayStation)
    ivlGJLl.jpg

Driver is a game about a uhm driver. Once again, never played the story. Although I did attempt it, but could never get past the training parking garage. So I just used the save file that was there (more on that in a minute).

i7TsUoL.jpg
    This is your car on drugs

So once again I couldn't tell you what the objectives of the game are, but they have some story separate sections you can play. My personal favourites were free drive, because I could drive around freely, and crosstown checkpoint. I never did the checkpoints, I essentially used it as a cop free version of free drive.

Is Driver by any means a better game than GTA? No, not at all. Not even close. But it ranked higher because of my memories with it. I moved around a lot as a child and one of the houses I stayed in, I was stuck in the basement a lot. But the basement had a PlayStation, and Driver. (And some other things but those don't pertain to the story). The person playing only had Miami and San Francisco unlocked, but boy did I have some fun in those two areas. I would spend hours playing this game. San Francisco was harder because you'd get bumps on your car just from the hills, and in free mode the cops would start chasing you and smashing you up for barely any reason at all. And you couldn't get out of your car, I don't think. But I still had fun doing the same thing I essentially did in GTA. I'd pretend I was commuting to work and then going home. And parking lots, I LOVED parking. Overall it was just such a fun experience when I needed some fun. I never tried the other areas, but its one of my goals to go back and unlock them all some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    IV obviously not the worst from a technical standpoint but for its time, the writing and low level of freedom to complete your objectives. "Chase this car and blow it up, but it can only take damage after you've seen the totally dramatic (but scripted) truck swerve out of its path!!!" Though that said, its DLC was a vast improvement.
    Indeed, the scripting ruined that game. Total freedom outside of missions, zero freedom within missions. V is guilty of this too. "Burn this house by spreading this fuel and setting it on fire, but don't stray from the path we've set out for you otherwise mission failed!" I'm playing a psychopath, I want to set it on fire while I'm still in the middle of living room darn it! Let me do what I want

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I remember Driver! That game was good fun.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh heck yeah Driver was the trout. Really made you feel like you were in the 70s in SF.

I will never stop representing Saints Row in any GTA discussion. If you get past the GTA brand, SR is basically superior in every single way as a series.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never played a Saints Row game so I couldn't say if it was better or not

I've also never bought a GTA game, I just seem to move in with people who have them

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default 94. Pokemon Leaf Green

94. Pokemon Leaf Green (Gameboy Advance)
    nfCcBYN.jpg

Pokemon Leaf Green is about the trainer (the player) going off and catching Pokemon and defeating Gym Leaders so he or she can one day defeat the Elite Four and become the Pokemon Master. There's usually a side plot involving some evil organization, but I can't remember this one.

In Pokemon Leaf Green, you have the choice of three Pokemon at the start, Charmander (Fire Type), Squirtle (Water Type), and Bulbasaur (Grass Type). Then you go out and battle pokemon for EXP to level up your Pokemon, who can sometimes evolve in to stronger Pokemon. You can also catch wild Pokemon and add them to your team. You can bring 6 with you at a time. Pokemon have types associated with them and each type is weak or strong against other types. You challenge gym leaders, who usually specialize in a certain type, and if you defeat them you win a badge. After getting all of the badges, you can challenge the Elite Four for the title of Pokemon Master.

I'd always wanted a Pokemon game but I wasn't able to play any until adulthood because I never had a handheld system when I was younger and people absolutely hate sharing their Pokemon games. This wasn't the first one I got my hands on, it was the second, but it was still a lot of fun. These were the Pokemon I knew from the show and I got to use my favourite Pokemon (Squirtle) and catch all the cute ones I'd seen on TV and wanted. It was worth the wait and I had a lot of fun with it.

No one likes to share their games because GameFreak made the evil decision to only put in one save file.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I see you like driving games.

And Pokemon games.

What happens when you put them together?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

No one likes to share their games because GameFreak made the evil decision to only put in one save file.
    Yeah I know. I go the opposite way now because I know how it feels. Someone will be like "Can I play? I won't save or anything?" and I'm like "Pssh go for it. I'll just play one of my other Pokemon games."

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post

And Pokemon games.

I dunno, what happens?

Also, that's the end of driving games on my list, sorry for anyone expecting more

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Yeah I know. I go the opposite way now because I know how it feels. Someone will be like "Can I play? I won't save or anything?" and I'm like "Pssh go for it. I'll just play one of my other Pokemon games."
    Normally I'm pretty free with sharing, but I am incredibly, incredibly paranoid when it comes to save data. Fortunately, I almost always have a spare Pokémon game lying around should someone ask. But if someone wants to play anything that is hooked up to my actual save data, I get incredibly possessive and will watch them like a hawk.

I'd rather lose a game than lose a save file. I can replace the game. Save data is gone forever.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post

And Pokemon games.

I dunno, what happens?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

oh that is so awful