Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cast of Chrono Cross

Default The Cast of Chrono Cross

1. Who were your favorite characters?

2. This one is a bit trickier maybe. One of the many complaints about CC is its gigantic party. Well, for this, make an "ideal" party. Strip away all the superfluous characters until only plot necessary protagonists remain.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I liked a lot of the characters, including some of the "useless" ones. My favorite is probably Funguy.

1) Harle and Glenn are probably my favourites, but that'll likely change next time I play through.

2) Serge/Lynx, Kid and Harle are probably the only 'important' characters but if I had it my way I'd strip back most of the useless people and give Guile and Glenn expanded roles.

My two faves are Glenn and Karsh, but having two Green-innate characters in your party bites. Almost every time I play, I wind up with Serge, Glenn and Fargo because you have to have Fargo to steal the plates.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Or you could use Kid.

Er, well, I think she was removed from the party at the time you steal the Plates... Oh well.

Kid was not in the game enough.

Anyway, for me it be:
    1. Serge, Kid, Karsh, Harle, Orlha

2. Serge/Lynx, Kid, Harle, Glenn, Karsh Fargo or Nikki, Guile with his restored Magus role

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Mojo, Funguy, and Greco obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post

Anyway, for me it be:
    Guile with his restored Magus role
    Huh?

Serge (his concept looks better than the final product), Kid and Harle (I seriously want to take them home with me), Orlha (is she from Street Fighter or Rival Schools), Pierre, Guile, Funguy, Nikki, Grobyc, Glenn, Karsh, Viper, Steena, Lynx, Skelly, Turnip, Sprigg (for Slash), Norris, Miki, Greco, Janice, Zappa, Radius (it's Master Roshi!), Garai

Serge, Lynx, Kid, Harle, possibly Glenn and Norris (I don't know)

:monster:

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Anyway, for me it be:
    Huh?
    The initial plan was to have Guile be Magus in disguise, but this was dropped partway into development, though hints of the idea remain in the game.

As for the first question, I'll be the first to give the boring answer of Serge, Kid, Harle, and Lynx. Also Miguel, if NPCs count. As for the second, not sure; I haven't played the game in at least ten years.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Razzly, Leena, and NeoFio

You'd think with a cast that size they could have come up with better characters but oh well

I just realized something. A Kid line in Cross was a call back to Kato's favorite Magus line in Trigger, which is pretty cool when you know the plot of CC.

Magus in the Prophet Ending: If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If I must vanish from existence to see this done, I shall welcome that fate!

Kid: If the world's gonna be destroyed, then let it be destroyed! If history is gonna be changed, then let it bloody well be changed! 'll show you what Radical Dreamers really dream about!

I only ever got two CT endings so I didn't know this was a reference until I was watching them all just now.

Blog Entries

I liked the really valid point and i'm impressed by your thinking. with a giant nail stuck in him

^harharhar. But I liked the straw-man with the giant nail stuck in him
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Anyway, for me it be:
    Huh?
    The initial plan was to have Guile be Magus in disguise, but this was dropped partway into development, though hints of the idea remain in the game.

As for the first question, I'll be the first to give the boring answer of Serge, Kid, Harle, and Lynx. Also Miguel, if NPCs count. As for the second, not sure; I haven't played the game in at least ten years.
    The reason they cut the Magus storyline was because it would've complicated the story too much.

Really can't remember all the names as this point I'm afraid.

But Serge, Glenn, Robot man, Axe Dragon dude, Big muscly dragon dude with helmet, Jester girl.
    How's that?

I always loved Serge, Lynx, Guile, Nikki, Glenn, Riddle, Harle, and Fargo. They were also some of my favorite characters to voice back when I did a live stream of the game.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Lynx and Glenn, for reasons that I can't remember right now, other than Lynx is just awesome.