Thread: Fortitude - Dormer, Gråbøl, Tucci, Gambon, Eccleston... and polar bears :D

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Fortitude - Dormer, Gråbøl, Tucci, Gambon, Eccleston... and polar bears :D

Watched the pilot of this last night and it looks good.

For those unaware because of the channels it's showing on (Sky Atlantic in the UK, Pivot in the US), I suggest checking it out. I'll not spoil anything in the OP. All the ready-made-stars in the title of this thread are superb, and the remaining cast hold their own considerably well alongside them. It starts off a bit scrambled as you try to get your head around all the different things going on and all the characters, but about half way through things pick up considerably and now I'm impatiently waiting for a week to pass so I can watch episode two.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Might give it another try.

I watched half an hour of it last night and found it pretty dull. I'll at least watch till the end of the pilot.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah the first half hour was really meh. But by then end, you'll have all kinds of questions.

Pilot spoilers galoreHow dare they kill off Ecclestone! But what's all this about him still being in the rest of the series? Flashbacks, or...? What the hell is up with the pig? Who is killing everyone? Good sheriff or bad sheriff? The girl had a point - why was it he was already on the flight before the death occurred? What is up with that carcass? Why was the sheriff there at the shooting incident three months ago? Why was the doc so emphasised on it being 'experimental'? Who is doing the experiments on the pig, for that matter? Where is Natalie? This all reminds me a bit of Lost, to be honest. :o

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Yeah the first half hour was really meh. But by then end, you'll have all kinds of questions.
    Not reading the spoilers but all kinds of questions? I can not put up with another Lost.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Haha, it does remind me slightly of that show (I mentioned that in the spoiler, actually) - only far better acting and I suspect, as it's a British series with twelve episodes per season, they will do a considerably better job of answering questions than Lost ever did. But in all honesty, these are the kind of things that make this kind of show work. It's a psychological thriller series with a lot of "whodunnit" and with that in mind, you want to be left asking a few questions otherwise it's pointless. I will say that this doesn't strike me as very supernatural like Lost was, though.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've heard good things about it. I'll give it a shot.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Haha, it does remind me slightly of that show (I mentioned that in the spoiler, actually) - only far better acting and I suspect, as it's a British series with twelve episodes per season, they will do a considerably better job of answering questions than Lost ever did.
    That was my thought when someone described it to me as "British Lost," "oh so there's going to be some actual closure then?" Might give it a try :v

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Man, I hope someone else watches this. I need people to talk about this with! I got Danielle to watch it, she was reluctant at first but by the end she was really into it and now we keep coming up with new theories and whatnot.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Bawwwww, someone watch this with me. ;_;

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Right, I'll get on it tonight, Mr. Towns. Might only get chance to finish watching the pilot but will let you know tomorrow!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Is the second episode tonight? I thought it was tomorrow. I'll have to check when I get home.