Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temper temper

Default Temper temper

So in the last few weeks, since my pregnancy hormones have really started kicking in, I have started experiencing the craziest moods! I have developped the most intense temper!! I can go from calm to 'smash someones face in' angry within about 5 seconds!! It's so out of character for me because I'm usually the kind of girl that says 'nothing' when someone asks if there is something wrong!

The stuff that would usually just not bother me or at most mildy irritate me, is making me see red! Poor Danny is getting some of it, although I am (although he probably doesn't think it), trying not to let it come out too strong with him in fear he'll storm off and that won't solve anything.

So, what is your temper like? Are you usually calm or does the red mist descend quickly? What presses your buttons?! Discuss.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was never angry when I was pregnant. But I would get sad at everything. EVERYTHING. I cried because they had the wrong kind of dunkaroos at the store once. The lady working there felt terrible and then I felt bad so I cried some more. While giving birth I got angry once but most of it I was just crying and scared.

I got angry at my mom for telling me to breathe and I was like "You don't know what it's like!" which is obviously a really stupid comment. I apologized right after but she didn't care that I'd said it.

My regular temper will get bad if I hold stuff in. I tend to default to sad instead of angry and when I'm emotional I'll be sad. But if I don't let the sadness out it will turn to anger until I eventually blow up. I'm trying to be better about that and learn to express myself more instead of just staying quiet and letting my emotions fester

That's exactly what I will usually do! If something happens- like if Danny and I argue- I will just cry instead of getting angry. I haven't really had any 'unjustified' crying. I've cried a lot but to do with my circumstances. I never thought I could get this angry! My Mum laughed at me yesterday because I tried to make a drink and I spilt the milk so I growled and stamped my foot and she laughed! And that made it worse!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I cried for like an hour when I found out my pants didn't fit anymore

even though it was justified. And yeah, even though it seems silly now, people laughing at the mood swings or pointing them out makes it worse usually xD

i get angry sometimes and throw temper tantrums

hello i am 5

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's funny: when other people are getting angry and all emotional I tend to be the one who becomes calm and considerate, possibly in an attempt to balance out the emotions in the room. Don't worry, if everyone is happy this doesn't tend to work the other way around.

Normally though, it takes alot to get me visibly angry. Most commonly, I tend to get more jokingly annoyed, which slowly turns to genuine annoyance, then to more direct irritation, followed then by anger. I rarely get above the second stage.

I can't really remember the last time I completely flipped out on anger. Really the only exceptions to the rules is anger directed to myself, it's completely different then.

I essentially have no temper.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I get angry at stupid crap like video games, and gets pissed at the stupidity of people quite often.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

I'm usually calm, or perhaps passive, but a lack of emotion may produce Terminator 1-esque rampages at some point. I'm probably internalising something at some point.

If I could choose a way to rxpress my anger, it would be in the style of a Schwarzenegger Kindergarten Cop Scream. "Nyaaaaaaaaaagh"

Articles
    Blog Entries

For the most part I have very little temper, the one exception being at work. I find it's impossible to lift heavy things all day long in crazy heat without getting really mad at some point. I do hate that it manifests in such irrational ways though ("What the smurf do you smurfing mean you don't have the screwdriver!?!").

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    I essentially have no temper.
    This is true, my husband is unflappable and basically zen at all times

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I don't think I get angry very often, and when I do, it subsides within five minutes or less.

I am generally a very happy and positive individual. But I do think I can be sensitive sometimes, and a bit of a worrywart.

I'm really quick to anger, and have had extreme anger issues when I know no one is looking. I hate this about myself, so I've been working on it myself. I've been really good so far about keeping calm and not letting myself get stressed out so easily.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

My pregnancy hormones were the worst, you guys. I just cried and cried and yelled at people and cried some more and then would laugh uncontrollably for hours. While crying.

Ok, not really.
    I've never been pregnant, but if I ever were, that is how I'd be, I'm sure.

I have a bad temper. Murderously bad. But I don't let it out. It's not really a quick temper, but there are certain things that get under my skin and threaten to rip me apart from the inside. SO, I work really hard to trying to stay centered and rational. I try to give myself time to think before reacting or opening my mouth. I'd much rather not have the temper in the first place, but it's there, I've always had it, and so I have to deal with it.

I guess I'm an emotional person, in general.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are a few things that can make me quick to anger, but in general I don't have much of a temper. People sometimes confuse my passion for temper though.

When I was pregnant my moods were fairly stable, unless anything even mildly tear-jerking made its way into my periphery.