Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Bartz a pimp?

It was working sometime ago and now it isn't. I got a question. Do I have a profile pic and can you see it?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
    It was working sometime ago and now it isn't. I got a question. Do I have a profile pic and can you see it?
    you have never had a profile pic the whole time i seen you lol

How do I set it up? I've tried doing it one time before but it's only visible to me and I can't seem to work it out.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

A profile pic is different to an avatar. A profile pic just appears on your profile, while an avatar appears in posts and visitor messages. Your profile pic is there: It's there, it's just in your profile: http://home.eyesonff.com/member.php/40382-Lazerface - I can see it, a very fetching ninja!

If you want an avatar, here ya go: http://home.eyesonff.com/profile.php?do=editavatar Should be self-explanatory. You can use one of our existing avatars or upload your own if none of them take your fancy.

Hope that helps. Any more questions feel free to ask!

Back to the story, glory be whorin' her floorin', flossin' and flyin' like a boss and his wine

Bartz be from the house of Klauser, bitch, you be pitchin' his bitches a line of bull that's got em in stitches, and he's twirlin' his flag unfurlin' swirling round you like the wall from Berlin

Bartz be pimpin like Bishop Don "Magic" Juan and you ponder the meaning of the pimpin' feeling like you're reeling from stealing a glimpse at his pimps' ways, all days and nights through fights and flashing lights, he be pimpin' like you might if you weren't light when you present payment for what's right

Bartz Klauser is a bloody pimp, y'all.
    Last edited by Spooniest; 03-06-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Alright. As someone with a keen personal and professional interest in linguistic history, I feel I have something to add here. "Bartz" is a cool, trendy, shortened form of the Latin name "Bartorius". Now, whilst the popular Roman name "Artorius" was essentially just "bear" (ursa being the root word), Bartorius actually has a slightly different origin, despite the phonetic similarities. I'll not delve too deep into the myth or the Ballad of Bartorius (the slightly dramatic translation of the Latin name), but suffice it to say that Bartorius was famed for his romantic and love-making skills, and was the first man in mythology to have multiple spouses. These spouses were all perfectly happy, as all their needs and wants were met by Bartorius, simply because he so loved loving women. He devoted himself to them and they to him, and it's strongly believed that this is the reason than monogamy was not particularly important during the early Roman Republic.

So, for Square to use this man as the inspiration for one of their characters, and for his actions and personality to so closely follow that of the famed Bartorius, how could Bartz be anything other than a bloody pimp?!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Quinothy P. Buttflakes View Post
    So, for Square to use this man as the inspiration for one of their characters, and for his actions and personality to so closely follow that of the famed Bartorius, how could Bartz be anything other than a bloody pimp?!
    Being serious for a moment, the only problem with such an argument is that its far far more likely that Yoshitaka Amano has little knowledge of the name's etymology, and simply pulled a name out of the air.

*THIS USER HAS BEEN PIMP SLAPPED BY BARTZ FOR SPOUTIN' TOO MUCH FANCY TALK*

^^Hmm point taken. You know nights and parties at Bartz's place is always going to be fun. Shoot he gets crazy threesomes with a pirate and a freaky princess. He lives in heaven man, now only if he got Terra and Celes to jump in will I say he be a pimp who has it all.