Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ToriJ's Top 30 PSX Games

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'll Tekken you into the next life! Who knows, FFXV might even have a release date by then.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

lol

Also, I has played all of the Tekken games and they are all cool and stuffs. Best fighting game series

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I'm pretty sure King and Armor King will Tekken both of you into puddles of goo.

King owns all. (Not really, the game mechanics have made him a mid tier character. )

Tekken 3 was mah trout back in the day. I was positively addicted to it and unlocked absolutely EVERYTHING.

I was so in love with it I was determined to find and play 1 and 2.

2 had the best music and characters and story in the series. My only complaint is the gameplay has not aged too well.

Also this is one of the best pieces in any fighting game ever.

Tekken 2 gave me a boxing raptor. This is important to me.

Tekken 2 = <3

Articles
    Blog Entries

Today we're looking at a new genre, stealth games. From Metal Gear Solid, to Thief, to Assassin's Creed, these are the games that require you to sneak past your enemies instead of just blindly attacking everything that stands in your way. Granted, in a couple of entries in the games above you can do that, too, but that's not the point. I especially love it when these stealth games introduce the ninja, because nothing is more deadly in the shadows than a ninja.

#24 Tenchu: Stealth Assassins

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins allows you play as Rikimaru and Ayame, two ninajs that work for Lord Gohda to root out corruption. Sneak through several stages, and assassinate enemies in various stages. I can't remember if all of them ended in an assassination attempt, I just know the first one does. The game is pretty hard, and even the training level gave me a hard time, but I still love it. You can run on the ground, run on the roof, and zip around on a grappling hook. The game even has the balls to – well, I'm not going to say because it's a spoiler, but let's just say the game has some balls near the end. Also, Rikimaru is best ninja. Go Tenchu! HIYAH!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

sharky likes that series

I adore this game, even if it is rough to go back to now, and the third game in the series is the only one I like more than it (though the stage creation in Tenchu 2 was all kinds of badass). There were so many awesome ninja items, like poison rice balls and blow darts, and I actually felt like I was playing as a ninja when I snuck around the stages in Tenchu, unlike in the Shinobi and Ninja Gaiden games where I was more like a ninja-themed human-threshing lawnmower running loose down the street.

There was even this awesome code that let you place enemies in the levels and give them movement patterns, which I used to make my own stage layouts for me and my friends to sneak through, though I remember some severe limitations to it. You could even assign control of the units you placed to the second controller and have 1 on 1 fights, which could be amazing when you gave them some of the bosses to control. The second boss in the 'Cross the Checkpoint' mission in particular was a more than worthy opponent and WAY harder to beat than Mei-oh in human hands. X_X

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh so that's where Rikimaru originally came from.

Blog Entries

Big ups for BoFIV and Mega Man Legends. I've played through Mega Man Legends 50+ times. Has to be in my top 3 of all time, along with MML2. I also loved Tron Bonne.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Articles
    Blog Entries

Apologies for the wait, been busy with work. Let's hop back to it before Pumpkin comes on and you all flock to her thread. There were some violent games in our lifetime, there are some violent games now, but this game was bloody and violent at a time where it was a big no-no. This addition of the series combines the best the earlier games has to offer in one total package that would make any fan of the series a happy camper. You may have already successfully guessed what I'm talking about, so without further ado, introducing... MORTAL KOMBAT!

#23 Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Mortal Kombat Trilogy takes all the characters and stages of the first three Mortal Kombat games and puts them together in one of the best MK games to come out. If you were a fan of the first three games then chances are you were going to love this game. And on the PlayStation version you could even play as the bosses that kicked your ass for so many years. It was great. The game also had tag team battles and an eight man elimination tournament. This game is second only to Mortal Kombat II on my favorite MK games of all time list, and is a must have for any Mortal Kombat fan.

Sorry, Vivi.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Mortal Kombat

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Give me MK4 or give me death!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Give me MK4 or give me death!
    *rips out Vivi's heart*

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

FATALITY

But no really, I do overall like the games, but I always have to turn the blood off. It's way too over the top. Like you tap them on the shoulder and they start squirting blood from every part of their body