Thread: Music while studying/working

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Music while studying/working

Does anyone have a particular favorite to listen to while studying and working? Lately I've been listening to this Tibetan meditation music and it's quite soothing, but I'm growing tired of it. I also enjoy the It's Time To Get Classy spread fairly often.

Today I decided to go with some classical music with the rain and fire from Time to Get Classy. It's a nice mix!

Does anyone else do this? In a stressful work environment in which there are few ways to escape the tediousness of day-to-day general office bulltrout, this is one measure that helps me cope with my job. Does anyone else have any methods or music they want to share?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kylie Minogue spotify playlist or Enslaved spotify playlist, depending on my mood.

Or the FFXIII trilogy OSTs.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

In defiance against hillbilly hickness of my office I play hard rock and rap. It's the little things that count.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

It depends on mood and/or what I'm working on, but I have a few go-to's.

I have a Chopin collection with basically all of my favorite Chopin piano pieces on it.

I also listen to Karunesh a lot if I need to be calm/relaxed/meditative. It's my thinking music.

If what I'm doing doesn't really require any thought, just steady busy-work, I listen to louder/faster/harder musics like Gojira or Meshuggah.

And somewhere in between maybe, there's Kylesa and Tesseract.

Also use Tool, Iron&Wine, Fleet Foxes, Mozart, Lindsey Stirling, Sungha Jung, & Jose Gonzalez for very specific moods/needs.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rarely I listen to music. I used to do my homework listening to Justin Timberlake, but I found that was too distracting. I'd break out in to song and then forget I had homework to finish. If I do listen to music while I work it will be orchestral, and I do so if whatever I am doing I can just go on auto-pilot. Lately the only things I listen to are podcasts and pre-recorded Satellite Radio.