Thread: What if the basic structure of XIII-2 had been used for a Chrono title instead?

Default What if the basic structure of XIII-2 had been used for a Chrono title instead?

Suppose that Square-Enix were working on this game and realized very early in development that instead of injecting time travel into XIII, they could just take that concept and make it the Chrono sequel we're all waiting for. Obviously the battle system, some gameplay elements, and much of the story would be different, but the whole concept of time travel, artifacts, non-linearity, open areas, etc. could've been mostly kept.

How would you have felt about the game if this were case?

How do you think popular reception of the game would've been different?

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

They need Matsuno Kato, the guy who made Chrono in the first place. I don't want some other writers ideas.

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

This goes for the while XIII trilogy, imo had these games not been titled 'Final Fantasy' people would have completely had a different opinion about them.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!