View Poll Results: Which FF has your favorite last dungeon?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • FF I - The Temple of Fiends

1 4.76%
  • FF II - Pandaemonium

0 0%
  • FF III - Dark World

1 4.76%
  • FF IV - Lunar Subterrane

0 0%
  • FF V - The Cleft of Dimension

3 14.29%
  • FF VI - Kefka’s Tower

4 19.05%
  • FF VII - The Northern Crater

0 0%
  • FF VIII - Ultimecia’s Castle

8 38.10%
  • FF IX - Memoria

1 4.76%
  • FF X - Sin

0 0%
  • FF X-2 - Farplane

0 0%
  • FF XII - Pharos at Ridorana

3 14.29%
  • FF XIII - Orphan’s Cradle

0 0%
  • FF XIII-2 - Academia 500 AF

0 0%
  • LR FF XIII - God's Sanctum

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which FF has your favorite last dungeon?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ultimecia's Castle

Going to have to go with Ultimecia's Castle as well. The design of this entire place was just incredible.

I can't really think of any point to criticize it. The place is massive, but FFVIII lets you explore freely with Enc-None. The visuals are fantastic. Overall design and layout is quite excellent. The puzzles range from kind of derpy to rather deep, and they're all fun. The mechanics of having to unlock your abilities is a brilliant twist, and it is made even more awesome by the gaming making all the fights optional. If you don't want to unlock everything, you don't have to. You can just unlock what you want and go. But if you want to explore this dungeon to its fullest, then you can spend a lot of time facing off the myriad bosses.

Brilliant final dungeon design.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

You guys are making me regret throwing FF8 down in disgust after it locked me out of all the cities on disk 4.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

i like ultimecia castle and Cleft of dimension. however i choose cleft of dimension because its cool

Articles
    Blog Entries

I give it to VI based on a game design perspective. The game really rocked the multi-party puzzles, with this being the shining example. Overall, I'm inclined to say FFVI had the best collections of dungeons in the series and Kefka's tower was the crown jewel.

Ultimecia's Castle.

Excellent Gothic, vampire like music and ancient and haunting castle.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    You guys are making me regret throwing FF8 down in disgust after it locked me out of all the cities on disk 4.
    I still find that really annoying but view that as a separate thing. It's also perhaps the easiest final dungeon, which might explain why it's so fun.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

The Pharos was the best, no doubt.

Ultimecia's Castle is overrated. It's a whole lot of nothing and utterly meaningless.

Much like FFVIII itself, all flash and no substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    The Pharos was the best, no doubt.
    I believe that's what I'll end with up as I remember having a blast doing that dungeon in my first two playthroughs; but as I am in the process of replaying XII (after about 6 years) I am waiting until I get through it to vote/comment on my favorite.

Ultimecia's Castle seems to be the favorite

My one disappointment with it was Ultimecia herself, not the boss battle which I think is good but rather her personality and the way she talks. The vibe you get from the castle is that of the abode of a very fluent, classy and sophisticated woman. Edea fit that image to a T and even the way Ultimecia carries herself through Edea reflects and evokes that. But for some reason that goes out of the window when you finally meet her at her throne and she has this "brutish" manner of speaking (bad translation, perhaps?) that she seems a bit out of place there (yet during her last moments when she begins talking during her last form she speaks as you would expect her to). It took away a bit from the great atmosphere the castle had.

I notice FF8 won. I can't even remember Ultimecia's Castle. I remember running up a giant chain to get there, I remember the music. And I remember fighting Tiamat. That's about it.
    The Memoria from FF9 sticks out a lot more.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Kefka tower. I like Ultimecia's Castle but it is kinda a point of no return and I dun really like that.