View Poll Results: Which FF has your favorite last dungeon?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • FF I - The Temple of Fiends

1 4.76%
  • FF II - Pandaemonium

0 0%
  • FF III - Dark World

1 4.76%
  • FF IV - Lunar Subterrane

0 0%
  • FF V - The Cleft of Dimension

3 14.29%
  • FF VI - Kefka’s Tower

4 19.05%
  • FF VII - The Northern Crater

0 0%
  • FF VIII - Ultimecia’s Castle

8 38.10%
  • FF IX - Memoria

1 4.76%
  • FF X - Sin

0 0%
  • FF X-2 - Farplane

0 0%
  • FF XII - Pharos at Ridorana

3 14.29%
  • FF XIII - Orphan’s Cradle

0 0%
  • FF XIII-2 - Academia 500 AF

0 0%
  • LR FF XIII - God's Sanctum

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which FF has your favorite last dungeon?

Default Which FF has your favorite last dungeon?

Out of the main series and their respective sequels, which had your favorite last dungeon and why (if you feel like elaborating)? Please vote and comment

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ultimecia's Castle is the only one that I can really vividly picture. This is probably because it was the one I've played the most, but I do really think it's the best out of the ones I've played. I love the castle design. The music is nice and fitting. The battles are fun. The puzzles are pretty enjoyable. I didn't as a kid, but I do now like the concept of unlocking your commands in there. It made it so you can control the pacing a bit if you want and skip some of the boss battles once you've got the specific commands you want unlocked. Everything leads to an actually pretty intense and fun final battle.

Usually, dungeons don't really stick out much to me, but this one just always has.

Yes, I think Ultimecia's Castle is definitely one of the best in the series too. The music, the atmosphere, the puzzles and how you must defeat several monsters to win back your abilities was rather well done.

:monster:

Gotta go with the Cleft of Dimension. Kefka's Tower is a close second, probably followed by Memoria.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I did enjoy Cleft of Dimension, but I chose Ultimecia's Castle.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Cleft of Dimension was by far my favorite final dungeon by design. Memoria is more or less just a copy of the same concept, but not quite as cool.

As for actually playing I would go with Northern Crater. Nothing special design or conceptually, I just enjoyed it the most. Which is probably related to me enjoying playing FF7 the most.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't think many liked them, but I loved the tower and the ruined city in ff xii.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Kefka's Tower. I love how dirty and rough everything is. And no, that's not supposed to sound naughty. I like VI's visceral smudgy feel, and the tower exemplified that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ultimecia's Castle, definitely.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Although VII is my favourite game, VIII takes the cake for best final dungeon, its so engaging, challenging you to unlock all of its secrets, its where the games toughest boss is (OMEGA) and the puzzles are just excellent.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Agree with the majority, Ultimecia's Castle was pretty cool.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I can't really say Ridorana is the last dungeon because Bahamut is. The length should not really count here because Lightning Returns does also not have a very long final dungeon and the Farplane's core is also just two screens of tasks before you have reached the platforms to Vegnagun.

Also I am missing at least Banora and Above Midgar/Inside Omega in the poll.

My choice would be either the Rift, Above Midgar or Orphan's Cradle. Memoria is also not bad but I don't know.

The Northern Cave would be cooler in my opinion if there were more of the style the last section shows Inside the Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Above Midgar/Inside Omega
    Oooh, this is a good one.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

I think it's Kefka's Tower. I really like its vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I can't really say Ridorana is the last dungeon because Bahamut is. The length should not really count here because Lightning Returns does also not have a very long final dungeon and the Farplane's core is also just two screens of tasks before you have reached the platforms to Vegnagun.
    Well, Bahamut basically boils down to a string of boss battles and cutscenes. You do a bit of walking/fighting in it but it is so minimal and inconsequential that it hardly counts as an actual dungeon. The Farplane has several sections before the core as well and it includes puzzles, platforming sections and boss battles. With Lighting Returns you could probably include the previous section on the Cathedral before you reach God's Sanctum since it is all tied together as an endgame area.