Thread: If they made a Fighting Game based in the FF7 world...

Default If they made a Fighting Game based in the FF7 world...

I would probably buy it.

Here are things I would hope to see:

Characters from the compilation
    Tag teams and combination attacks (based on LIMIT Breaks for most)
    "Joke" characters like Dio and Big Bro
    Event battles (fighting bosses like Guard Scorpion and summons)
    Weird environments like underwater near Emerald Weapon
    And, of course, the obligatory alternate outfits (including the Junon Boat and Wall Market events)
    Also, Nanaki would absolutely be a participant even if he can only "be fought"

If Zangan were made a character, I would expect he would have the same move set as Tifa. I think that Dyne should be given Barret's moveset (with Molotov Cocktail as a "LIMIT Break" while Barret would keep Catastrophe). Oh, and we have to see Yuffie dressed as a Tonberry again.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

They sort of did...

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/E...Bless_the_Ring

It wasn't half bad for the time.

I want to play as Kadaj or Shelke.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    They sort of did...

That game was a classic. It helps that they still knew how to make games back then.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    They sort of did...

That game was a classic. It helps that they still knew how to make games back then.
    Yeah, I saw the arcade version in a very bootleg movie theater all those years ago (it literally had 2 or 3 small screens). I was waiting around in the lobby because I got there early. I glanced over at the demo screen and was like, "WTF is that Cloud?!"

A few months later I saw the PS version and snagged it. It's apparently sort of rare now, so I am glad I got a copy! I haven't touched it in ages, but it was a very fun and unique game. All the extra stuff with the PS version was pretty ambitious and expansive for the time.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ehrgeiz is great, but I would give anything for a fighting game in which I can use Mukki.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I wish they'd put Ehrgeiz on the PSN.

Yes, Ehrgeiz is a "good" game. However, that wasn't set in a Final Fantasy world. The existence of FF7 characters and "materia" are coincidences. What's more, I never really felt the FF characters were properly depicted. Making a fighting game and tossing in a couple of cameos is not fulfilling. Frankly, it's sad that they needed to add those characters just to garner interest in the game, but it just goes to show, people will buy stuff with Final Fantasy characters in it even if the product doesn't say Final Fantasy.
    Fighting at the "entrance to Gold Saucer" isn't as satisfying as going a few rounds in the Battle Arena or the graveyard. I also wish that Vincent had been like Jo, having access to at least of his transformations. But that's the beauty of making a game devoted to the title. You don't have to place any restrictions.

My take (reiterating):
    Each of the initial six should have access to a Shinra MP (Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Red XIII) or sailor outfit (Barret and Yuffie). Naturally, VV would have his Turks look alt. Cait Sith could swap out for a moomba, pupu, cactuar, or mog (mog on mog) or swap the mog for a chocobo. Of course, all should have access to their AC looks. Maybe Vincent's tranformations could be alt outfits (I know, lame) and Grimoire could be a "palette swap", Red XIII could look more like Seto.

I want to be able to play as Kadaj, Yazoo, Genesis, Cissnei, Weiss, and Shelke.

How about fighting aboard the Highwind? In the Ancient Forest, the Altar, inside Mount Gaia, Chocobo Ranch, the Junon Cannon, Costa Del Sol?