Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ITT: More persona 5 than you've seen before

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I wonder if there will be much noticeable difference between the PS3 and 4 versions?
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I don't.

I doubt the PS4 version will have anything more other than a higher resolution, framerate and antialiasing.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Yeah it doesn't look like it requires a lot of horsepower. So they'll probably be pretty similar. Though I'm still adjusting to games being over 60fps on PS4, it looks the same, but in some surreal fashion. I've played Saints Row 4 on both, and they're basically the same outside of that surreal refresh rate factor, and I doubt P5 would require much more horsepower than Saints Row

ITs not that I needed this trailer to hype me, but were I not already hyped I would be now.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

How are your games being over 60fps when the HDMI standard doesn't do more than 60fps except for 3D material?

besides, 60fps isn't exactly new, it's just not too common in certain games. Practically all fighting games run at constant 60fps, for example. Most PC gamers ensure that their games run at 60fps, especially if it is an FPS game. Bayonetta aimed for 60fps on consoles even if it didn't manage to stay there consistently.

I don't know if I'm just not used to 60fps, or if there's some combination with my tv's refresh rate or what. But it just looks surreal. And I figured I'd probably seen 60fps before. So I kinda just presumed it was maybe going over that made it surreal. I'm not positive what it is. Probably more refresh rate than anything. Or I'm seriously just not used to 60fps. But whatever. It looks surreal to me for whatever reason. And I kinda love that. I'm sad the novelty will eventually wear off from whatever it actually is

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

the only thing i think could make it surreal was if you have a super fancy TV that interpolates frames to make an even higher pretend-framerate. I've never thought 60fps felt surreal, instead i've always felt like 30fps was sluggish

Well my girlfriend's dad has a 3D TV and that looks even weirder to me. Things look too slow and too fast at the same time, and my brain has trouble figuring out how they end up syncing up at all. Maybe its not the tech and more how my brain translates those things. Like those people who got sick watching The Hobbit at 48fps in the theater while other people thought it didn't look any different than any normal movie. I don't really have enough exposure to high tech to experiment much and figure out what it is lol Just that a bunch of games on the PS4 look weird to me for some reason. Might also be more games in higher resolution as most of last gen was 720p. I have no idea. Just an anecdote I guess lol

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

sounds crazy to me

i've heard about people finding the 48fps hobbit weird, but that's probably just because they're used to videos being slow with lots of motion blur to hide the fact that they are slow

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

so is everyone gonna be batman?

Articles

FFXIV Character

I really need to get back to playing P3P. I was playing it every night, but then I just stopped. A combination of dodgy work shifts didn't help, and I find the longer you stop playing a game, the harder it is to pick it back up and play. Even more so now that I've seen the Persona 5 trailer. I mean it looks so much better! And with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and the XV demo coming out next month I'm not sure I'll have the time for it.

Oh?

What's that?

I've got a week off work?

Then I guess I'll have time to get back in to it after all
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

but P3P is perfect for strange shifts, just play in all your breaks

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Haha, that's pretty good and not what I was expecting. I was just expecting someone to talk about the game.

I don't usually watch their videos, but IGN has done a pretty good analysis of the trailer, although they did miss a few aspects. There is a lot of details in the trailer.

My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.