View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy X-2

    26 48.15%
  • Final Fantasy IX

    28 51.85%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 159

Thread: EoFF Ranks Final Fantasy Round 3 - FFX-2 vs FFIX

  1. #61
    (charm)anders was right Pike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Circle Tower :shifty:
    Posts
    18,602
    Articles
    13

    FFXIV Character

    Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

    Default

    Of course, I have no problem with other people voting based on whatever they criteria they want to vote by. But I feel like too many people are getting really wound up about making this into a "Best" thing rather than looking at the poll question, which is, word-for-word, "Which do you prefer?"

  2. #62
    Killer of Conversations Galuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Shot land.
    Posts
    3,379
    Blog Entries
    2

    FFXIV Character

    Galuf Luna (Sargatanas)

    Default

    is...is it over??
    Lady Jen and Me <3

  3. #63

    Default

    X-2 is a more fun game than IX.

    X-2 is also a better game than IX.

    I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

  4. #64
    Resident Critic Ayen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    13,160
    Articles
    12
    Blog Entries
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Of course, I have no problem with other people voting based on whatever they criteria they want to vote by. But I feel like too many people are getting really wound up about making this into a "Best" thing rather than looking at the poll question, which is, word-for-word, "Which do you prefer?"
    I wasn't referring to the poll, I was specifically responding to your "one of the best in the series" remark you made two pages ago.

  5. #65
    (charm)anders was right Pike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Circle Tower :shifty:
    Posts
    18,602
    Articles
    13

    FFXIV Character

    Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Of course, I have no problem with other people voting based on whatever they criteria they want to vote by. But I feel like too many people are getting really wound up about making this into a "Best" thing rather than looking at the poll question, which is, word-for-word, "Which do you prefer?"
    I wasn't referring to the poll, I was specifically responding to your "one of the best in the series" remark you made two pages ago.
    And I wasn't referring to you

  6. #66
    Killer of Conversations Galuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Shot land.
    Posts
    3,379
    Blog Entries
    2

    FFXIV Character

    Galuf Luna (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    X-2 is a more fun game than IX.

    X-2 is also a better game than IX.
    God dammit you had to ruin everything.

    X-2 may be more fun

    but i doubt it is better. in that logic FF1 is better than FF7
    Lady Jen and Me <3

  7. #67
    Resident Critic Ayen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    13,160
    Articles
    12
    Blog Entries
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Of course, I have no problem with other people voting based on whatever they criteria they want to vote by. But I feel like too many people are getting really wound up about making this into a "Best" thing rather than looking at the poll question, which is, word-for-word, "Which do you prefer?"
    I wasn't referring to the poll, I was specifically responding to your "one of the best in the series" remark you made two pages ago.
    And I wasn't referring to you
    I felt the need to clarify my position just in case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntace101 View Post
    in that logic FF1 is better than FF7
    I'm starting to come around to this way of thinking.

  8. #68
    Slothstronaut Slothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    I'm in space
    Posts
    13,204
    Blog Entries
    27
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    No, I'm saying I don't understand how X-2 can be one of the best games in the series in spite of the things I, and Vivi listed.
    You don't seem to be understanding my point, but...

    Attachment 62530

    This could be Birdemic vs. Citizen Kane and I'd vote for Birdemic. This could be Ocarina of Time vs. Angry Birds and I'd vote for Angry Birds.

    I'm not going to sit here and nail a NO FUN ALLOWED sign into the floor. I play games for fun. Period.
    But the only part of the game that was fun was the battle system. The rest was either mind numbingly boring or stupid. Which was a real shame because while I don't think FFX is one of the best games in the series, I think it had more potential for an interesting sequel than most if not all games in the series if only because the fundamental way of life of everyone in Spira would have had to change so drastically. But they never do anything interesting with it.

  9. #69
    Yossarian Lives Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    50,945
    Articles
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    No, I'm saying I don't understand how X-2 can be one of the best games in the series in spite of the things I, and Vivi listed.
    You've not actually given a reason as to what, critically, is wrong with Final Fantasy X-2.

    So while you do that, let me tell you what's right with it. Final Fantasy X-2 has arguably the best overall gameplay of any Final Fantasy game. It definitely has better gameplay than FFIX. Better combat, better ability system, better open ended exploration and quest resolution, better environmental and dungeon design and better minigames. (Though it's a close call on that one!)

    The only places I can see IX triumphing is better music and story/characters. Mayyyyyyybe better art direction. But then X-2 has better graphics so eh.

  10. #70
    Sh♥tposter Extraordinaire Jinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,545
    Articles
    4
    Blog Entries
    14

    FFXIV Character

    Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Dang, here's another one I didn't expect to be so close! I had no idea so many people on EoFF liked X-2!
    mfw you post

  11. #71
    (charm)anders was right Pike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Circle Tower :shifty:
    Posts
    18,602
    Articles
    13

    FFXIV Character

    Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

    Dancing Chocobo

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    The rest was either mind numbingly boring or stupid.
    5166465451_ded900eaf8_z.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    But the only part of the game that was fun was the battle system.
    Really the most important part though, IMO. I realize I'm probably a minority in the forum but I don't play FF for story or characters. So I feel as though I can't really be blamed for preferring a game based largely on its battle system.

  12. #72
    Newbie Administrator Loony BoB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Edinbugger
    Posts
    51,250
    Articles
    53
    Blog Entries
    19

    FFXIV Character

    Loony Bob (Sargatanas)

    Default

    More than anything, I just love that there are so many fans of all the different games in the series.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

  13. #73
     Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yer pants
    Posts
    25,050
    Articles
    269
    Blog Entries
    34

    FFXIV Character

    Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

    Default

    I find IX's game more engaging. X-2 was kinda... well a little all over the place. The gameplay was great though.

  14. #74
    Resident Critic Ayen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    13,160
    Articles
    12
    Blog Entries
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    No, I'm saying I don't understand how X-2 can be one of the best games in the series in spite of the things I, and Vivi listed.
    You've not actually given a reason as to what, critically, is wrong with Final Fantasy X-2.

    So while you do that, let me tell you what's right with it. Final Fantasy X-2 has arguably the best overall gameplay of any Final Fantasy game. It definitely has better gameplay than FFIX. Better combat, better ability system, better open ended exploration and quest resolution, better environmental and dungeon design and better minigames. (Though it's a close call on that one!)

    The only places I can see IX triumphing is better music and story/characters. Mayyyyyyybe better art direction. But then X-2 has better graphics so eh.
    A lot of it has to do with story and characters that makes it pale in comparison to the other entries. It also feels more like a parody of Charlie Angels than a true sequel to Final Fantasy X. The women are dressed more skimpy and I can't determine who this game is catered to. Girls? Horny teenage boys? Fans of the sequel? All of the above? You go through the trouble of finding several different sphere grids and most of them are worthless, and making it nearly impossible to get a 100% because of all the ridiculous things you have to do (like talk to a certain guy before another guy) all to get an ending with a character a lot of people didn't care about in the first game wasn't the best objective for this one. I felt it cheapened the ending of the original game in all honesty.

    The love story in this one is a lot better than in the first game, I'll give it that.

  15. #75
    Killer of Conversations Galuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Shot land.
    Posts
    3,379
    Blog Entries
    2

    FFXIV Character

    Galuf Luna (Sargatanas)

    Post

    good things bout IX:

    good things bout X-2: its pretty fun and coulorful.

    Bad things bout ix: Dat battle system oh god.

    Bad things about X-2: Dont like sidequests then you might not like this. also weird crazy person is commander of airship.

    brother.jpg
    Lady Jen and Me <3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •