Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX strategy guide box set available for pre-order

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX strategy guide box set available for pre-order

Prima Games is releasing a box set of hardcover Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, and Final Fantasy IX strategy guides! These remastered guides have been redesigned from the ground up, including ribbon bookmarks and high resolution screenshots. The release of new and improved guides is especially great news for Final Fantasy IX fans, who will appreciate that this guide doesn't consistently reference the now defunct Final Fantasy IX section of PlayOnline. This set also includes 3 holographic lithograph prints of iconic characters from each game. Pre-orders are now available on websites such as Amazon and GameStop set for a March 17th release, which lines up with the release of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.

9781101898048_0.jpg
    Did you own the original guides for these games? Is this box set something you're interested in getting? If so, it might be a good idea to get a jump on it. This may very well be worth its weight in gold as time goes on.
    Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 02-10-2015 at 01:18 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's pretty tempting.

I can't justify spending all that money on guides when the internet if full of potentially better ones for free. Official strategy guides can be useful, but some act more like bullet points with pictures than actual detailed walkthroughs. Nevertheless, they are pretty to look at. If I had money to throw away freely (college, so no) and sample pages looked good, I might buy them especially if they start releasing these individually.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Electroshock Therapy View Post
    I can't justify spending all that money on guides when the internet if full of potentially better ones for free.
    I would scratch 'potentially' from that sentence. GameFAQs goes into so much better detail than the official strategy guides it isn't even funny.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Very tempting indeed. Though I own the FFVII and VIII. But I thought the FFIX guide was useless, because there was a ton of "look at our play online website for this" type stuff. If they fix that, it would be the only real reason I'd need to get the pack

Articles
    Blog Entries

Never had any of the guide books and I'm not interested in getting these. I don't think I even needed to look up anything online playing through these games. Didn't have internet when I played VII through to the end anyway.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wish I had the money so much want

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

aga haga agahagahaga a

that's quite a tempting collector's item.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

I want ;_____;

Seriously want, but not getting, too expensive.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I have the collectors edition of the XII XIII XIII-2 LR:FFXIII guides, if they are a reasonable price I might get them just for the collection.

You can probably get the old ones off Amazon for cheap. I like having guide books for games I enjoy because then I can get into a nostalgic mood and look through the books and fondly remember pieces without having to commit to attempting to playing through the game again

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Too bad the internet is around. otherwise i wouldve got them

Blog Entries

I will have this shortly. I hope IX comes out on steam soon.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have the guides for VII, VIII, X, X-2, XII.... Part of me always felt a little bad about skipping IX, but I always hated the PlayOnline business. I liked the others though. My VIII guide is falling apart just from carrying it around with me a lot.

I really shouldn't drop the money on this despite kind of wanting it for collecting's sake. I love having the maps in these things, but otherwise Gamefaqs just provides better (and probably more accurate) guides.