Thread: Valentine's Day

Blog Entries

Default Valentine's Day

Do any of y'all cook on V-Day for your boo thangs?

Are you planning to? Or are you going out to eat (Not recommended for obvs reasons xD )?

This is mine & Jay's first Valentine's together even though we've been together for almost 2 years.

SO I'm doing a ton of fancy cooking. Like all day.

I'm gonna make croque madame with a side of mixed fruit & mimosas for breakfast /brunch (I'm gonna do breakfast in bed!), & then oysters rockefeller for appetizer & -maybe- seared scallops on a bed of mixed greens or something, and THEN.. Beef Wellington with roasted fingering potatoes and braised brussels sprouts*

Dessert? Chocolate raspberry mousse! :3 I'm going to use our short glasses to put it in.

* I'm not dead set on those as sides. If anyone has better suggestions, please let me know before 4 p.m. CST tomorrow as that's how long I have to fix my cart on the peapod app before my groceries get delivered on Thursday.

What about y'all ?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Last year I made Tara breakfast in the morning and then cooked her some gnocci for dinner, but this year we're going out to eat. The restaurant is like a modern Chinese fusion place that I've heard is really nice, so we're both looking forward to that. I may still cook her some breakfast or something though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Every year BJ and I get crab legs and other things you can eat with your hands (artichokes and fingerling potatoes, usually), plop in front of the TV, and eat messily.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Matt and I will be continuing our Valentines Day tradition of fajitas for dinner.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't make much because oven broken

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

It's just on strike.

Blog Entries

Turns out we're just having leftovers tomorrow.

Cuz our cable bill was double this month cuz our roommate didn't smurfing pay it last month so we're short on dough until Thursday. Yay.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I brought my boyfriend to my work (for the first time to eat there). To be fair, I was working 6 days that week, 5 of which at that job, so I was pretty exhausted Friday night (which is when we celebrated since I worked Saturday night )

EDIT: To be fair the half lobster bolognaise with cream corn on gnudi that we had was the special I was running earlier in the week. So I kinda did cook for him. And I did make all that ricotta...
    Last edited by The Summoner of Leviathan; 02-16-2015 at 04:56 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Took Danielle out to a nice Thai place on Friday night, cost me more than I expected but ah well, it was good food and great service with my lovely wife so no complaints. Can't even remember what we ate on Saturday though...
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Went for a nice lunch at an Indian restaurant in Greenville that I like a lot, even though I hadn't been there in years.

Pumpkin seemed to think the food was pretty good, and liked the atmosphere so hopefully it won't be years before we go again.

After that it was poking around the consignment shop for a few home decorations, poking around the comic book store, and then being lazy the rest of the day.

It was a nice day.

Blog Entries

I wound up cooking a little something..

I did seared scallops on a bed of mixed greens with finely cut green apple, bacon & a lemon/evoo vinaigrette, Cajun shrimp fettuccini alfredo with bacon, Sun dried tomatoes, and asparagus, and these super yummy chocolate-raspberry mousse "shooters"