Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3 - SEASON SIX HYPE

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Diablo 3 - SEASON SIX HYPE

New season started today, who else is playing?

I'm currently leveling my seasonal monk, so anyone on the Americas servers that will be playing should feel free to add me. My Battlenet id is MrObesity#1352

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Played for about an hour last night on the first Barbarian I've created in D3. Made it to level 25 or there abouts. I may have incorrectly posted my account name in another thread, but it is Cim#1313.

Are melee classes still completely unviable at the higher difficulties?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

No, monk and barb both have GR50+ builds available to them now. Whether you can be bothered grinding for the gear to make that build is another matter... >.>

Articles
    Blog Entries

I have the game but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    No, monk and barb both have GR50+ builds available to them now. Whether you can be bothered grinding for the gear to make that build is another matter... >.>
    Yeah, if you can't reach the point on your own, it's kind of pointless.

When the expansion came out, I played for about three days. Then I got sick of walking into the constant Desecration + Arcane Enchanted + Lightning Enchanted spam and getting killed in three seconds. The addition of the extra ability to most mobs and the fact that those abilities trend towards the "constant damage to everything in close range" like that rendered melee a completely unviable play style.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh you can definitely grind on your own with those classes, you just have to be patient and not try and jump up to an inefficient torment level before you're ready, which is where the game can become very (VERY) tedious. The inclusion of greater rifts does really help to alleviate that feeling of endless grind with no progress though. If you decide to give it another shot be sure to let us know

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Accepted Pheesh's request, but won't be playing tonight. I tend to play Sundays and some weeknights. I work odd times, but hopefully we'll be able to play. :c)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Totally necro'ing this thread because Season 3 starts tomorrow!! If anyone is going to be playing then be sure to add me, I'm going to go full no-life this season. Good times!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I only have this on Xbox 360 (where I have a level 70 Barbarian) but I really want it on PC.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Plan to make a new Demon Hunter as soon as they finally open the season today. My other one is hardcore.

As far as melee being soloable, my monk is only paragon level 110 and I solo Torment 5 with average gear. It's doable, you just have to be careful with elites.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Monk got rank 1 Americas on the greater rift leaderboards for the second season in a row, so I have no idea where he got the idea that melee classes were underpowered. Barbs did get a nerf this season that made some people unhappy, but they were getting 60+ greater rift clears in the public test realm, which is ridiculous.

My current best is a 43 greater rift but I really want to try and clear my first ever 50, that'll be the goal for this season.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Also, Pike, playing on a console gives you somewhat of an advantage since it gives you the ability to roll away from damage at the flick of a thumb. I kinda wish I had a console version to play. Rolling is much easier than clicking when you're surrounded by enemies.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    Also, Pike, playing on a console gives you somewhat of an advantage since it gives you the ability to roll away from damage at the flick of a thumb. I kinda wish I had a console version to play. Rolling is much easier than clicking when you're surrounded by enemies.
    That's true. It also makes for great couch co-op.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Melee being un-viable hasn't really been true since the original launch and Inferno difficulty. Even then, life-regen Barbarians were insane.

I find pretty much every class is viable now, and you have to go through the same gear treadmill regardless if you want to function at higher Torment levels.