Thread: Help with challenge rules

Default Help with challenge rules

Yo guys, later today I want to start another playthrough of FFX and so far I decided I want to go with OSG, initial equip, no escape, one day in no save rules.

The thing is I am still thinking about adding something more to keep it more interesting but I don't know what. I don't want to add stuff like no overdrives etc because that keeps the game overly restrictive for more normal play.

Any ideas?

Articles

No female characters, outside of scripted battles or where impossible.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

no kimahri. because i dont like him much so that would be a cool rule. which also stops you using stuff like mighty guard ( Ofcourse you can use him at the part where you must)

Articles
    Blog Entries

No Trio of 9999/Quartet of 9 comes to mind.

Pick a main party and stick to it, no character switching inside battles (no xp for the rest either). The exception being, of course, where the game makes you use the other characters.

Oh well, I tried yesterday and had a decent run - 13 hours in I was at mt Gagazet without rushing too much with initial equipment, no escape, each aeon max 5 summons rules and I wasn't really having any problems but at Flux I got kinda sleepy and didn't pay attention enough and his Total Annihilation+Lance of Atrophy+Full-life got me.

I was fun anyway but I am a bit sad I failed to get through the whole game. I will probably try once more in the future but not anytime soon.