Thread: EoFF's Life is Strange Video Walkthrough

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Default EoFF's Life is Strange Video Walkthrough

Hi everyone!

I've recently played through DONTNOD and Square Enix's newly published interactive novel Life is Strange, and I thought I'd record it for the site!

I decided to go for commentary-less, as it is a heavily cutscene driven game, and I didn't want to blabber over the top of it too much. Obviously, spoiler warnings ahead! I also went ahead and tried to look at everything, as I heard that there were some cool Easter Eggs. Which ones do you see?

Hope you enjoy!

Meet Max, a weird socially awkward kid with a passion for photography. Back in her childhood home of Arcadia Bay, she wakes from a nightmare to find that she suddenly has the ability to rewind time. What kind of crazy hijinks will she get up to?

This is part one of Episode 1 - Chrysalis, covering the first 20 minutes or so this interactive story from DONTNOD and Square Enix.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

nice! this may help me decide if i want to play it or not. good one shauna

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Life is hella strange.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Hella

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

Wow I just finished the first episode. Very engaging. For God's sake, put the writers of this game behind the FF scripts.

ANyways, I obviously really enjoyed myself, so I might go back and try to find all the secret photos before the next episode comes out..
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Omni-Odin View Post
    Wow I just finished the first episode. Very engaging. For God's sake, put the writers of this game behind the FF scripts.
    Noooooooooo, dear God no.

My biggest pet peeve about episode 1 was the writing; particularly the dialogue for the young people. I forget where they said they're from but they sound talk like the people on the SNL Californians sketch. The dialogue was so absurd. No American college student that I know of talks like that in the East Coast. Not many teens even talk like that. Many of them actually talk a lot dumber than that. Hence: "fleek" "yasss", etc.

It was like they were trying too hard to combine cool catch phrases to make it seem like "OH YEAH WE KNOW HOW YOUNG PEOPLE TALK SO HA". Reminded me of another writer who thinks she knows how young people talk...*cough* Diablo Cody *cough*.

My other problem is that it was just extremely boring. Walking around the house looking for power tools. I mean c'mon. There wasn't much conflict apart from dealing with trivial spats of bitchy girls. Hopefully by episode 2 this will get more interesting, but I find it hard to be engaged in a game where everything you do can be re-done in an instant if you mess up. It doesn't allow for much of a challenge if you can avoid or change consequences.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    My other problem is that it was just extremely boring. Walking around the house looking for power tools. I mean c'mon..
    This saddens me. Your lack of a Y chromosome means that you will never know the true joy of searching for man wrenches and the quest for rotary force.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Max, having learned of her magical time control abilities uses them to further her life in a positive way. Only kidding, Max uses them to prank that girl she hates and breaks into her room to look through her computer.

Following that, Max has a run in with that gun-slinging Nathan Prescott and we find out something interesting about the mysterious blue-haired girl.

Articles

The Spirits Within xD Oh my god.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Best Sci-Fi flick ever.

And I do have to agree with Shiny in that the writers are trying really hard to capture what kids these days talk like, and it all seems very forced and unreal. But then, I don't know what the kids these days talk like so maybe they're spot on and I'm just an old person.

Articles

Hey guys we made a reference to Kickstarter we're hip and down with it right

But yeah they're really going for a "She's this nerdy arty girl who is actually really deep and struggling to fit into a world of bitches, just like you! Why don't you love her and empathise with her hmmmmmmmmmm?" thing. For once I'd like to play as the bitchy bully in one of these things.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    My other problem is that it was just extremely boring. Walking around the house looking for power tools. I mean c'mon..
    This saddens me. Your lack of a Y chromosome means that you will never know the true joy of searching for man wrenches and the quest for rotary force.
    Almost no one likes the act of looking in a game, they enjoy the act of using and doing. If I had actually been able to use power tools that would be a different story. I was actually looking forward to repairing the camera.

Also I want to play as the rocker chick with colorful hair. She seems slightly more interesting than the character we're forced to play as.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Argh, the cliffhanger. Damn youuuuu Shauna.

And then there is Death

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Gotta keep you hanging on for more!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Amidst some minor technical hitches, and an overly long time spent trying to figure out how to save a bird from smacking into a window, Max has finally been reunited with her childhood friend, Chloe. How will these two old friends get along now?

As is to be expected by this point, Max continues to invade people's privacy as she snoops around her friend's house. She finds out more about what Chloe has been up to these past few years, and what kind of person Chloe's new stepdad is.

I totally didn't forget to get this part uploaded until Extra Credits had a mention of this in their video this week. Nope! Not at all!