Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The 2015 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Because trash talking each other is part of the show they put on, and is part of competition. It can be fun to trash talk each other. Also, it's a valid tactic to try and get in your opponents head and psych them out. Any advantage you can get because respect or not, they are fighting to win.

And side note since I was on staff before, editing a post doesn't bump the thread and staff can see deleted posts.
    Why would they do that, though? Is that even fair?

Also, why aren't European martial arts, other than boxing and wrestling, as popular as Asian martial arts?
    Of course it's fair. If you can't handle trash talk from an opponent then you don't deserve to win.

And I would guess that the answer to the latter question is because there aren't that many European martial arts that have survived to the present day the way Asian martial arts have, there's less of the mystique with things that don't come from totally different cultures, and because they may be less common in general and less effective.

But even just on the question of popularity, I know of no European martial arts being taught anywhere in my province except for boxing and wrestling. But there are plenty of places in my city alone that teach Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Taekwondo, Karate, etc. It's kind of hard for anything else to become popular in MMA when there's few places to actually learn them without leaving the country.
    To me, it doesn't make sense to trash talk opponents if you respect them.

And why didn't European martial arts, with the exceptions of boxing and wrestling, become as popular as Asian martial arts?

Also, another question I want to ask is this: if the UFC and other MMA organizations show women's MMA matches on television, why don't the WBO, WBC, WBA, and IBF show women's boxing matches on television? I looked up all four boxing organizations, and they do have women's boxing events and champions, but they don't show them on TV. I would have thought that Laila Ali would have popularized women's boxing back in the day during her career. Why isn't women's boxing shown on TV?

And another thing: Why isn't the UFC on HBO or Showtime, like all of the boxing organizations? I think the UFC should be on HBO or Showtime, not on Fox Sports 1. Why isn't the UFC on HBO or Showtime?

And also, knockouts in boxing are just one punch; once they fall, they stop attacking. In the UFC, however, they continue to punch the opponent when they are down. Why do they do that?
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 08-03-2015 at 04:55 PM.
    Is that your final answer?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

SuperMillionaire - stop deleting posts and reposting them. If you want to edit posts you have already made, use the Edit Post function at the bottom of the post.

If I think of something else that I forgot to think of earlier, I add it to my post.

And I just want my questions answered. I have a lot of questions, and I want answers.

It's been a while, but in addition to the questions above, which I still want answers to, I also want to talk about Ronda Rousey again. This past weekend, she just defeated previously-undefeated Brazilian fighter Bethe Correia by knockout in just 34 seconds. It took a few seconds longer that her previous fight, but it was still a very short fight. I didn't watch the fight itself, but I saw clips of it on ESPN's Sports Center. As much as I don't like MMA because of its extreme violence, I can't help but be fascinated by how she fights. I mean, how does she do it, and why does she do it?
    Is that your final answer?