Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Vocaroo Thread

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    I guess, all us Aussies sound alike right?
    Definitely not.

Lone Wolf Leonhart ask and you shall receive: Spongebob Laugh Warning don't wear headphones with the volume high...
    95% sure this needs to be my new text notification sound.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not good. I don't think it's bad per say, but there's absolutely nothing remarkable or special about it

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think my regular voice sounds okay but oh god, recorded or transmitted? Absolutely smurfing hideous. Legitimately a part of why I hate using the phone and all that, because I am certain anyone who hears me must think I have fifteen different chromosomal deficiencies all at once.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Signature by rubah. I think.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

My body is ready for a new vocaroo thread.

Come back, Kalevala.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    My body is ready for a new vocaroo thread.

Come back, Kalevala.
    Duly noted. Now changing.

Whenever people hear me in person they always say, "where are you from" even people on the East Coast of USA where I'm from say that. Apparently I sound like I'm from North Carolina.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I get very mixed reviews about my voice. I've had some very strong compliments towards it and some people, well, it's just not for them I suppose? I'm alright with it, personally. I find myself able to do various different voices quite well, too, which is always fun. So yay for vocal flexibility?

I'll try to get a vocaroo up at some point. Someone give me something to read!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I have a Glaswegian accent (well, Glasgow-lite) and that is heralded as one of the least attractive accents in the UK (according to British people).

But it's okay, I accept I sound like a tit.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't actually notice the Glaswegian so much with you because normally you expect it to have more of a nasally touch that is so often associated with it (thanks to neds, I'd imagine). I think the Glaswegian accent works well with your voice, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    What the smurf did you just smurfing say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the smurf out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my smurfing words. You think you can get away with saying that trout to me over the Internet? Think again, smurfer. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re smurfing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little trout. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your smurfing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will trout fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re smurfing dead, kiddo.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I wasn't aware of that meme until just now.

Someone creative turn that into something based on Final Fantasy (or gaming in general) and I will read it out.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I get very mixed reviews about my voice. I've had some very strong compliments towards it and some people, well, it's just not for them I suppose? I'm alright with it, personally. I find myself able to do various different voices quite well, too, which is always fun. So yay for vocal flexibility?

My limited fake Loony BoB consists of "Danyeel"

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    I am trained in gorilla warfare

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Back when I worked in Newcastle I had a very very strong Geordie accent - it's mellowed out now and my family think I have a 'posh accent' which is just, yeah, a mellowed Newcastle accent tossed around with a bit of Australian twang.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    I think my regular voice sounds okay but oh god, recorded or transmitted? Absolutely smurfing hideous. Legitimately a part of why I hate using the phone and all that, because I am certain anyone who hears me must think I have fifteen different chromosomal deficiencies all at once.
    He's wrong by the way; literally anyone who hears his voice thinks it's cute (we have tested this before specifically so I could prove him wrong)