Thread: Wow, it's so much easier to play this game now that I know how to play this game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Wow, it's so much easier to play this game now that I know how to play this game.

So the other day I was getting my butt handed to me in FFT and I got wondering. "What the hell class do I need to unlock to find the Counter skill?"

And then I decided to pop into the Tutorial and oh. So just all those classes I have already. Why did I never think to press left and right on the Learn screen, I'll never know. This game is a lot easier now. =|

Anyone else have any derp stories? Did you read a guide or go through the tutorial?

I'm playing the War of the Lions version on PSP.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I felt really stupid for the longest time because I could never beat the first battle... because I didn't know how to add other party members.

Then I found out that that isn't a completely uncommon failing for new players.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm actually much worse at it now than I was when I first played it when I was little. I think I'm getting dumber as I get older

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    I felt really stupid for the longest time because I could never beat the first battle... because I didn't know how to add other party members.

I...actually couldn't get past the first battle.

(Without Gameshark. Which I then used to beat the rest of the game so I could experience the story.)

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The mission where you have to step on the two switches. I accidentally skipped the dialogue and missed the mission prompt and assumed it was a regular kill every enemy battle. When the battle kept going after every enemy was dead I was very confused.

I used a guide, and read the tutorial.

I was a lazy child, but I wanted to know what I was getting into.

Wiegraf is and always will be a beyotch though

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

My biggest "derp" moment with FFT was when i did the first 3 battles and didn't realize you had to go into the menu and spend JP to buy abilities, had to ask a friend because i was having so much trouble.

after that it got much easier, lol.

Thumbs up FFT PS1

Great to see that there's still an active forum for Tactics. It's been my go to game for years when I want to kick back and relax for a weekend - I can play this game for hours on end. I even scored an original 1998 Playstation magazine featuring FFT on ebay last week.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjQ2WDc3NA==/z/WYQAAOSwF1dUT-oP/$_12.JPG

Don't know how many times I've completed the game but I started another new game last weekend and will be continuing on to Chapter 2 when I get home this morning. Yea some people look at me funny when I tell them what I'm doing for the weekend (I'm 58) but so be it...

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

It's been a game I've loved for years but always get to the same spot and get stopped dead. It's a one on one battle I've never been able to win. I've tried every job class available and just can't win. Maybe I'll try with a guide next time.

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

Better than any guide you could find online would be to ask here. Honestly there is more FFT knowledge on these forums than any guide written by one person.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

There are some good ways to win that, and there are some insanely cheap ways to win that.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

When I first played FFTA, it actually took me a little while to figure out how learning abilities worked. I equipped characters with the "best" weapons I could buy, then wondered why they learned different abilities. Took me a little bit to figure it out.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    When I first played FFTA, it actually took me a little while to figure out how learning abilities worked. I equipped characters with the "best" weapons I could buy, then wondered why they learned different abilities. Took me a little bit to figure it out.
    I didn't know changing jobs was a thing until after Ultima

This game is a masterpiece. I have replayed it countless times, possibly hundreds. Doing single class challenges, experimenting with other restrictions, or even just playing through regularly. It is a joy every single time.

Probably my favorite game of all time. It is severely underrated.