Thread: Zaghnol in the Festival of the Hunt

Boco Zaghnol in the Festival of the Hunt

Okay, so it's the normal I haven't played for a while and thought "Why not? Love the monkey man and didn't want to see the square arms of Cloud and gang..."

I know that in the Festival of the Hunt that Zaghnol does appear in all 3 areas - anyone got the times? I remember having it somewhere, but it might have been on the PlayOnline site that is no longer there.

Also - is it just me or does anyone else see that how you steal really does differ from start to start?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I always get him in the Business District near the weapons shop and before the synth shop towards the end. I don't have an exact time, I just go do the other areas first and head over there when time is close to up

Well, I know that Zaghnol will appear in each of the districts depending on the time. I know where, and I know Zaghnol is only available between certain times. But I'm looking for the timeframes...

Industrial district - at the end of the street (where the house of the steam engineer is)
    Business district - where the entrance for the item/synth/weapons shops
    Theatre district - where you first see Lowell (the actor)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

15 years after playing this game for the first time and I'm still learning stuff. I had no idea Zaghnol shows up anywhere other than the Business district. That's something else on my list to do when I play this game again, but you made me mad now as I was trying to make this playthrough the most different out of all my previous ones.

Sorry! Here is something that may help next time too - http://devils-inc.uhostfull.com/Reso...line/nav1.html This isn't just for the Festival of the Hunt - but for all of FF9. Good luck and I will post more if I actually take the time to test out the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    15 years after playing this game for the first time and I'm still learning stuff.
    Those secret scenes with the Nero brothers was only discovered quite recently. A few years ago. They do pack an awful lot into these games.

Yeah the Nero brother quest also took a brutal toll on all FFIX perfectionists since they had to rethink quite a lot of strategy and redo their whole save again Thankfully I got PAL version so perfect save was impossible for me to begin with or I would suffer the same.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I tried doing Nero brothers this time, but I did not realize how tedious it is. You don't just have trigger a cutscene for it to begin you have to go back immediately to Lindblum after or it won't show up. You can't trigger two and expect two, you have to go back each and every time. I realized I smurfed this up from the jump and gave up after the second brother.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I looked this up online at several places. This dude was lying. It only shows up in the Business District.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

its at 4:00 btw at the bussiness district

Blog Entries

This mini game is very simple. Let Freya win :-D

Ive taken to letting Zidane get KO'd to save time now.

Ive more important things to do, like learn Lancer and Reis's Wind, and making sure Beatrix can't kill my party.