Thread: Tablet RPGs

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Default Tablet RPGs

Tablet rpgs seem to be becoming a thing. Whether it's Kemco, Com2Us, or some other company, rpgs seem to be popping up more and more. What's everyone's thoughts on them? What do you think about the resurgence of 16bit rpg-maker style games and their new chosen medium?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I haven't played any original games, but I am really impressed with the original Dragon Quest version I have. It's on my phone, but obviously it would work the same on a tablet. Probably going to pick up a couple of other early DQ games sooner or later!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't think I could get used to using a touch screen rather than a controller, which sucks because I want to play the new Breath of Fire game when it comes out. I wish they would port these to handheld consoles.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Kemco and Com2Us games that I've tried have been very soulless and generic. They remind me of the flood of SNES and PS1 RPGs that were just kinda there filling in space but weren't really worth worrying about

But like I pointed out in the phone games thread, there's Baldur's Gate Enhanced and Shadowrun Returns on tablet and phone now, which is freaking awesome

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

I like that they're porting a lot of the old games over, especially since they're improving the graphics and interfaces while they're at it. And the touch screen does take getting used to, but now that we have touch screen laptops at work, it's becoming more natural-feeling to use them. They're still not as nice as having some sort of controller, but it has come a long way.