Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Midorisa's art thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    This is just the best.
    Thank you, and also thank you for bringing op the idea to me .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I too think Cosmo Canyon is the best sequence in the game. Great work as always Midorisa!
    Thank you very much! Yeah, I like how the story is opened more with the observatory scene and it really starts to take shape,and the overall mood is just great with the music.

Blog Entries

Default Sketching, sketching!

As my digital tools were packed inside the moving boxes for some days I sketched traditionally for some days.
    This time it turned out to be a FMA sketching, with Alphonse and Edward. Anyways, I'm more settled in now and have my digital tools out of the boxes so, phew, all back to normal! Anyway, thanks for being interested again, I'll update again soon .

__brotherhood___by_midorisa-d9jl6et.jpg

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I've been watching Fullmetal Alchemist (the 2003 version) lately. Nearly finished. It's good! I plan to watch Brotherhood later on.

Nice art, as always!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

I've been watching Fullmetal Alchemist (the 2003 version) lately. Nearly finished. It's good! I plan to watch Brotherhood later on.

Nice art, as always!
    Thank you ! It's a great story. I watched the 2003 version years ago, and I've read the manga but I haven't watched the whole brotherhood anime yet. I wanted to have some space in between reading the manga and watching the Brotherhood show. Maybe I'll start watching it soon too, and then there will be more fanart as I know I'll get all inspired when I watch any show

Blog Entries

Default Original illustration update - Aarni

Hi all!

Just updating with an original sketch and continuing my Finnish gods and creatures series. I've had some delays on digital painting and with my equipment but I want to keep posting stuff, so it's more traditional work for now.

aarni___the_treasure_guardian_by_midorisa-d9kkycq.jpg

It's a spirit that is guarding places called "aarnihauta". 'Aarni' is the name of the spirit and 'hauta' means grave. They were often thought to be near the mass graves were people would bury valuable items inside.
    Done with a pencil, ink and golden ink. Anyway, thank you for being interested so far!

As a side note, I've started the Fran piece that Fynn requested by the way, so it's on it's way .

Blog Entries

Hi there. I'm new to this site and your art. Its very good

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post
    Hi there. I'm new to this site and your art. Its very good
    Hi to you too and welcome to the site, hope you're enjoying your time here . I'm happy that you like the art, I'll keep posting more .

Blog Entries

Default art update: FFVI Terra

Hi all! I'm back to upload new fanart, this time some FFVI stuff. The beginning of this game is just magical and never stops to give me goosebumps when playing it. From the very first moments you play the game, you're deeply drawn into it's world. Terra's theme playing on the background when they march towards the mining town of Narche, just magical.

I merged elements from both Amanos design and in game one, personally I've always imagined her to have light green hair like she has in the inventory photo.

Thank you for being interested, I'll upload again!

ffvi___terra_branford_by_midorisa-d9ny4x2.jpg
    Last edited by Midorisa; 01-15-2016 at 04:08 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Fantastic! I don't even like Terra but your artwork is, as always, superb. I particularly like the attention you have clearly given to the hair.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I love how almost alien she looks. Fantastic again!

Blog Entries

Fantastic! I don't even like Terra but your artwork is, as always, superb. I particularly like the attention you have clearly given to the hair.
    Thank you Loony BoB! I like her design, red and green contrast each other beautifully . I'm trying new ways to paint to find a style that I like the most, and even thought it takes time to paint little details, I like the more 'organic effect' it gives to the artwork.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I love how almost alien she looks. Fantastic again!
    Thank you! Well, I did try to bring some features from Yoshitaka Amanos art into this, so it might look a bit alien or weird when features are pushed and represented in '3d' painting style. Of course that was not my intention. Maybe I try this style again and try to improve my stylization skills, as sometimes you get a bit blind to your own work when you look it too much.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Wow, this is crazy. Do you have a deviantart account? I need to add you in my watcher`s list
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> Wow, this is crazy. Do you have a deviantart account? I need to add you in my watcher`s list
    Thank you! I have an account there, I use same account name there as well. Here's the link to my site on da: http://midorisa.deviantart.com/

I sometimes don't post all stuff here that I post on deviantart, and of course I sometimes write journals and also create polls
    where people can vote for stuff for me to draw etc .