Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Midorisa's art thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ttokkii View Post
    Your talent.. i'm so envious! Your colouring is especially strong.
    Thanks! Happy you think so, as I've especially worked to improve my coloring. Still got a lot to learn tough .

Blog Entries

Default Mulan Fanart

Okay, just like it says above, I wanted to paint some Mulan fanart. It's one of my favorite Disney films .

fa_mulan_by_midorisa-damp8w2.jpg

Blog Entries

Default Big art update

The last inktober piece I did before my hand got sore and I had to take a brake

blood_sorcerer_by_midorisa-dalmdvy.jpg

Some original digital stuff again, wanted to paint a white- haired character and water lilies:

white_lily_by_midorisa-daqiv0n.jpg

Traditional pencil/ink markers sketch, light sepia color added with coffee, was inspired by VHD as I started this when I
    was painting the digital portrait of D:

inner_sight_by_midorisa-dar20ws.jpg

Thanks for looking ^^

Blog Entries

I didn't upload for some time as I didn't have any FF related stuff to show, but well.. I've felt a bit uninspired and blue recently, so I've tried to find new sources for inspiration to keep myself going and to push my skills further.

Here is another original traditional sketchbook drawing though, again tools were pencil, markers and coffee:

monster_slayer_by_midorisa-darq5xx.jpg

And since it has been an year since I drew my last Terra/Tina fan art, I did an another one.
    I particularly took inspiration from the games opening movie scenes for this piece.

terra_by_midorisa-dau3dfm.jpg

Thanks for looking! ^^

Sorry to hear you've been feeling down lately. Things will be better soon. I hope you can keep finding motivation to continue your work.

I really like the level of detail in both the armor and hair of the first drawing. Everything looks really neat and polished. I also think you're really good at drawing faces. A lot of people tend to have problems with those, but you seem both confident and skilled at them.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    Sorry to hear you've been feeling down lately. Things will be better soon. I hope you can keep finding motivation to continue your work.

I really like the level of detail in both the armor and hair of the first drawing. Everything looks really neat and polished. I also think you're really good at drawing faces. A lot of people tend to have problems with those, but you seem both confident and skilled at them.
    I hope so too . I'm working on it, and I've been searching for new good series to start watching for inspiration. If anyone has a good series in mind, please feel free to recommend it.

Also, thank you for your kind words, they cheered me up! Faces are my comfort zone basically, as I've always liked to draw faces the most. The face is a hard subject though, as is the whole human body really and sometimes it's super frustrating when you draw one thing over and over again and you're still not satisfied with it. Your own quality standards just continue to rise and you try to keep up with them but you are never quite there. Eventually it can start to eat your confidence if you don't snap out of it somehow.

But it is also rewarding to see your own development through the years. I should try to remember that and just keep on going . And remember to take a brake from time to time as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Both of these pieces are outstanding, Midorisa

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Both of these pieces are outstanding, Midorisa
    Thank you Bubba, happy you think so! ^^

Blog Entries

Default Original art

As I started the 'elements series', I thought about doing the personifications of day and night as well.

This is the night part of the two, it came out really blue:
    nocturnis_by_midorisa-dav9k71.jpg

I was asked by this one art company if they could publish this on their site, so I was really happy as it's my first time to get on any 'official' page. Hurray!

And I did another elements drawing as well, the earth:
    elements___earth_by_midorisa-daxegjg.jpg

This took me longer than I expected as I got carried away, painted the birds and changed her outfit a few times.
    I love barn owls, they have such beautiful faces. Well, I really like birds I general ^^

Both done in paint tool SAI and some finishing adjustments in photoshop

Thanks for looking again .

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They are both absolutely stunning. I love the colour on the first one but they are both equally amazing.

Good job!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Ooo yeah those are gorgeous! I love your coloring! I'm very impressed. I really like the blue hues with the skintone on the Night picture. It gives them a kind of Vampy look.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    They are both absolutely stunning. I love the colour on the first one but they are both equally amazing.

Good job!
    Thank you Bubba! I like the bluish and violet colors as well, and I seem be drawn to pick those more often than reds or greens. Now I'm painting the fire
    element and it's a bit harder color scheme for me, as it is important not to over saturate the red colors but find other ways to keep it balanced and to have a nice contrast. Doing these element artworks has already taught me some important lessons about limiting your color palette and also about design. I just need to practice more ^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Ooo yeah those are gorgeous! I love your coloring! I'm very impressed. I really like the blue hues with the skintone on the Night picture. It gives them a kind of Vampy look.

Thank you Freya, glad you like them! I was going for something like the with the night picture, so that even his skintone would be rather cold and bluish just like night.

Blog Entries

Default Elements - Air (original art update!)

The third piece for the elements series is finally done! It's the air element and because of that I finally got a good reason to paint a winged, angel-like character . I know this took very long time, but there's a good reason for that as this truly was a work full of obstacles.

It just happened that SAI decided to corrupt the whole file and turn it into one-layered, red pixelated mess just before I was about to call it done. I had to start painting again from one of the earlier versions that I (thankfully) had saved, but I still had lost most of the work I had done.

After all that I'm happy that still I finished this and didn't just leave it unfinished, and I'm more than happy to start something completely different .

elements___air_by_midorisa-db5y40q.jpg

Oooo it's so gorgeous! I love the colors and the wings are so pretty.