Awesome as usual
    Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Your shading and lighting is always so well done. I'm very impressed
    Aaw thanks, I've much to learn tough ^^

Blog Entries

Default Original art - Forest goddess

Personal work inspired by loosely based on a Finnish forest goddess, Mielikki. As it is summer, I wanted to paint something green and bright.
    About the character, she is a goddess of forest and hunt, as well as an adept healer. She is the protector of the woods, and one must behave well when entering her forest. I wanted to portray and design her thinking about her as a character/personality and also what skills she would use. She can summon spirits of wild animals to aid her, and as her physical weapon she uses a bow with magical arrows. She rules over the forest with her partner and spouse Tapio, king of the forest. She is described to wear a blue cape, so I included that into her design.

This took me quite some time, as I tried a new workflow with this. I have a bad habit of overworking on my artworks, and It is hard to decide when it is finished and you just keep adjusting. So even though I could spend some more days with this, I decided to let this go and move on to next painting already. Also I'm sorry for being inactive, I had to take some weeks off to relax and just enjoy summer to charge my creative batteries. Next one will be FFVII related work .

Thanks for looking ^^

mielikki___lady_of_the_forest_by_midorisa-dcj6e1t.jpg

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I really like the wildlife in the back, it's a nice touch. As always, it looks very well done and I don't think you over worked it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    I really like the wildlife in the back, it's a nice touch. As always, it looks very well done and I don't think you over worked it.
    Thanks for the feedback! It was a challenge to balance all the elements together, so I'm happy it worked out in the end. The overworking stuff might be just me getting tired at some point to work on the same piece and staring at it for too long. I try to find and develop a better workflow to become faster and more efficient painter, to aid that feeling of hating every painting by the time it is finished... Not sure if that will ever change though, you kind of have to slightly dislike your own artwork to become better artist

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Sorry for the TLDR (I did read all one time but cannot remember!). Is your profession in art of some kind? Your art is absolutely beautiful.

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Sorry for the TLDR (I did read all one time but cannot remember!). Is your profession in art of some kind? Your art is absolutely beautiful.
    It's okay, and thank you for your kind words! I just recently started taking commissions of illustration artwork for clients, but I am also studying graphic design at the university at the faculty of arts, starting my second year now. I mainly applied there because I want to specialize and tailor my studies towards art and illustration. Sadly there are no concept art or animation/ game related schools in my country, but I still study in my own time to become better as an artist .

Blog Entries

Default FFVII artwork, Sephiroth

This was a commission for a private client, fanart of Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII. The clients request was to reference the original design. All the main elements, such as request for brighter background and including black feathers, are done according to commissioners wishes, but I also had plenty of artistic liberty. So I tried to stick with elements that would fit the character and the story. I think this is the longest I've ever spent on painting special effects or magical stuff. I tried using special brushes to speed the process but they just didn't work, so I ended up painting everything by hand.

All in all it was a pleasure working on this commission, and it was surely something thematically different comparing to my latest personal works. This was a nice challenge as well, working with the limited color palette and visual elements and to make them seem balanced.

I worked quite hard an repainted quite many parts in this during the process, and I'm still not completely happy with it. But I do you guys like it nonetheless, I think I will do something related to autumn next ^^

sephiroth_by_midorisa-dcmoqru.jpg

Blog Entries

Default Fairies again

Haven't been posting here for a while, so thought to update this thread with new autumn-inspired artwork done during holidays She is an autumn spirit/fairy, and one can see her mostly when sun has started to set and paints the autumn leaves even more vibrant red. Her calming presence draws the wild animals towards her, so they often accompany her.

This was a lot of work and kind of grew bigger and bigger during the process, so I felt a bit exhausted after I finished this to be honest. So now I am trying to find my inspiration and courage again to paint bigger paintings, in the meantime I try to paint comfort-zoney stuff to keep myself painting but avoid too much artistic pressure for now. Well, that will never go away completely, but right now I feel way too intimidated to do continue working on the paintings I have waiting for me, as those are even more demanding in terms of skill and I am kind of tired to trying super hard to exceed my own skills with every painting, so yeah, I think I need those comfort zone paintings right now. But enough of me ranting, hope you like the painting ^^

autumn_fairy_by_midorisa_dcwhpec-pre.jpg