Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Midorisa's art thread

Blog Entries

Default Some FFVIII stuff this time

I was talking about traditional pencil sketches so here's one, presenting characters from FFVIII this time:

team_laguna_ffviii_by_midorisa-d8l9sg4.jpgKiros, Laguna and Ward and their weapons.

I always somewhat liked Team Laguna's characters a slightly bit more than the main characters of the game itself. Not to mentions that the battle music 'Man with the machine gun' is great and I always remember being so exited that I got to listen to it again while fighting when the party went to the dream world . I also liked that they were past the teenage already, even thought when first playing it in late nineties I was just a kiddo myself. Also while doing this I realized that this must be the very first fan art I have ever made of this game since I was just 8-9 or so and first thought that it would be so cool to draw Laguna's team.. but well it didn't turn out that great as I recall it. I've never really drawn much from this game. So I wanted to do that now.

I always was a bit confused by the fact that in some pictures and angles they made Ward look so old, even too much so, seeming a way past his age (25) when he actually is quite young. It's quite hilarious, as if when you get past 20 or so in games world you become this really wrinkly and uninteresting older person over one night . It's nice to notice that they include some older badass characters in the new games too, (as the older and now wrinkly fans obviously need some characters they can relate to). Nah, it just nice to have all ages showing a bit more, not just teenagers.

Next I'll try and finish one digital painting, so I get some variation. Thank you for interest guys, it means a lot to me!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Very nice. Kiros and Ward get way too little credit for how cool they are.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Very nice. Kiros and Ward get way too little credit for how cool they are.
    That is so true, I always liked the group dynamism they had as a trio. I found the dream world parts to be very funny when it comes to dialog and over all mood. So these three are my favorite characters/part from the game .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    That is an amazing drawing!
    Thank you very much!

Blog Entries

Default More stuff and ramble

This more like my version of Vincent, I wanted to make a (semi) realistic render of him, but rather that taking reference from the movie and newer games, I wanted to try and make a realistic render the original design in my mind, but of course in a very different style that is more realistic. So this is more like the way I would see him. I hope you guys like it and thank you so much for your interest this far!

final_fantasy_vii___vincent_valentine_by_midorisa-d8m8ccp.jpg really have been thinking about making all the characters of this game for a long time. Sort of in the style of little inventory images but the way I experienced and imagined them to be. Also, I've wanted to do all of them in s style that is quite faithful to the original, nostalgic designs. After all, I liked those very much then (and I still do, nostalgic!) and the art in these games really made me all exited about art as kid. I wanted to be able to create beauty too and draw characters that sort of had this story and soul in them. I've always liked to draw, but finding Japanese cartoons and games really was "thing" for me, even though I didn't know that all the things I liked the most were what you would call anime or JRPG games etc. I just happened to like them always more.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wow, Midorisa, that's really amazingly good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Wow, Midorisa, that's really amazingly good.
    Thank you! I'm really trying to kind of break my way to the next level, after having art block for many months.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Midorisa View Post
    Attachment 63021 So its Ruby from FFIX .
    >>> I love this one. great artwork..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorisa View Post
    Attachment 63021 So its Ruby from FFIX .
    >>> I love this one. great artwork..
    Thank you very much!

Blog Entries

Default Updating with new stuff

Again, it's more fanart from FFVII. I'm working on a few other characters from the game. I got a bit tired of one bigger painting, so decided I shouldn't force it and so I just thought that I should paint something completely new always when I feel stuck for too long. I noticed that by doing that, I actually get more art done instead of forcing myself to finish one piece completely before moving to the next one. So yeah, one should always follow your heart and how you feel. If you feel like you don't actually want to do what you're doing, it's not gonna work and it'll become painful. Also, about the artwork itself, I really try to improve painting different materials and getting better and faster with the overall process.

cloud_strife___exposed_to_mako_by_midorisa-d8nz505.jpg

I thank you for the interest so far!

Blog Entries

So here I am again, this time with tradition stuff, Adel from FFVIII:

ffviii___adel_by_midorisa-d8oofd8.jpgThis is based on the several screenshots of the character. I wonder if his/her gender was lost in translation, as it seems that they used the word "majo" in the game, that refers for both genders as a witch, but it was translated as sorceress in English version of game. To me he appears more male than a female thought, but gender is quite interesting concept anyway and it's interesting to bend the border we sometimes think is absolute when it certainly isn't.

I really got used to the idea of Adel being a female character though when first playing the game, form all the conversations the group had about him/her. But when I actually saw the character I became a bit unsure about that. He could be a strongly featured and built female character too and that would rather neat actually, as I never really cared about more helpless and cute female characters that much. But if I were to think him as a female, I would definitely drawn the character slightly different. Never the less, I really like his design and the red long hair, and I really like thorns too. I also wanted to some traditional stuff in the middle of all the digital painting I've been doing.

I also really want to be updating more often and becoming more productive and faster, so I'm really working with all kinds of stuff.

Thank you for you interest!

Blog Entries

I'm back so soon! Its a small drawing I made today with the idea that I want something finished today too:
    ffvii___cry_of_the_planet_by_midorisa-d8ot46r.jpgMore from FFVII. I really need to do smaller drawings like this more often, with the mindset that it must be finished in a day or so. That way I stay focused and excited when I actually get those ideas down on the paper when I have the mood on. Follow your instinct I say.

Thanks for looking and interest!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Beautiful work again. Laguna & co. and Adel - I love the character designs from FFVIII. In fact I'd say they were the best from the FF's.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

This art is very pretty.